I have almost 300 calories left for today ...

Options
sharidiane
sharidiane Posts: 212 Member
Ok, let's just start off by saying that I never thought I would say that sentence. I've always felt like the person who NEVER had an issue with eating enough. And ... I don't have an issue, per se, just a lack of inspiration.

SO ... if you had 300 'free' calories - what would you eat? (keep in mind, bedtime is in an hour or two...)

I am excited to hear something new, and ... after I go check on the littles, I promise to eat one of your suggestions! Make them good!

Replies

• frostiegurl
    frostiegurl Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Probably nothing new but I'd recommend peanut butter or almond butter. Probably much tastier to have a couple tablespoons of one of those than a couple tablespoons of olive oil. :sick:

I'm sure there are other suggestions but I went with the low volume/high calorie/ healthy one I run to most times.
  • thecodester19
    Options
    whole wheat toast with natural peanut butter is my choice when I need to add calories, around your number and good slow protein for while you sleep to rebuild muscle
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    great question...I always have 150-200 calories left and many times don't eat anything at all...but i think it would help boost my metabolism to use them!!
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Jif natural peanut butter is my main go to for calories =)
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Measure out 1/2 c of really good ice cream ... that's often been my motivation for passing up on the chips or whatever - if I can be that far under, I get ice cream!!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    if i eat reached my protein for the day, probably a nice cup of ice cream :)
    cheating is a reasonable part of a good diet, and besides you would still be under your cals
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Yep, ice-cream or peanut butter... Actually, I would have toast with peanut butter and sliced banana on top!!!
  • sharidiane
    Options
    Oh man, these are all good suggestions. I will *probably* end up eating the whole wheat toast with PB. That's a great idea. Ice cream is also a good suggestion, and I almost never get to eat (gah) a really yummy flavor with bits and swirls.

I don't know ... with 300 whole entire calories left ... I was hoping for some REALLY sinful suggestions ... like fried cheese dipped in dark chocolate covered in butter sauce and a side of cheesecake.

Whoa ... ok, I think the hunger is getting to me.
  • Antares84
    Antares84 Posts: 7
    Options
    one serving of 0% plain greek yogurt with any kind of fresh fruit, jelly or even agave nectar.
    add some ground flax for extra calories.

take some fruit (one banana is perfect) into blender with some nut butter, almond/soy milk, ground flax, protein powder and ice.

the less carbs 4ish hours before bed, the better.
  • catmom2cj
    catmom2cj Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    This is my second night this week with left over calories. Tuesday I had vanilla ice cream with bananas and pecans cut up in it. I think I'll try peanut butter tonight. Sometimes I do marshmallows or a bowl of cereal and milk. Or when I'm really bad I'll eat some of the Easter candy I stashed away so the kids wouldn't eat it all.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    2T peanut butter mixed into 1/2 - 1 cup plain yogurt. Eat like pudding or dip apples :)

If I am short on calories I use PB2 (only 45 cals vs. 190), but with 300 left, I'd go for the real thing.

enjoy!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    BTW, you can eat at whatever time you like. The wives' tale of not eating for some certain number of hours before bed has been disproven many times over.

However, if you have certain things that may upset your stomach if you lie down quickly afterward, avoid those.

I often get home from band or dance gigs between 12 - 2 am, and I ALWAYS eat.

blessings.
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese, walnuts, and honey. Or, a glass of wine. But probably the cottage cheese.
  • funkyspunky871
    Options
    I don't know ... with 300 whole entire calories left ... I was hoping for some REALLY sinful suggestions ... like fried cheese dipped in dark chocolate covered in butter sauce and a side of cheesecake.

Ew..... Dark chocolate? Lol!
  • janehend
    janehend Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I would go for the Ben and Jerry's Smores ice cream that we have in the freezer. OMG it is delicious but if I allow myself to eat some, I measure out a 1/4 cup. With 300 calories you could have a whole serving of 1/2 cup.

The PB and wheat toast is a much healthier way to go though.
  • sharidiane
    Options
    I am munching my wheat toast with PB.

But I am dreaming of Ben and Jerry's smores. MMMMMMMM. I wish I still lived next door, I would have to come and get some!!!
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I was going to say cereal and skim milk but that is because im going to go get some right now!! lol
  • caitmcwill
    caitmcwill Posts: 102
    Options
    chocolate milk...skim milk of course. its the perfect ending to a good day of eating with the right amount of sweetness :)
  • spngebobmyhero
    spngebobmyhero Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I'd go with popcorn or chips...I think I'm just craving salty right now! Although, I do have about 60 pounds of chocolate sitting in the other room which is pretty tempting!
  • funkyspunky871
    Options
    I'd go with popcorn or chips...I think I'm just craving salty right now! Although, I do have about 60 pounds of chocolate sitting in the other room which is pretty tempting!

Hand over the chocolate, and nobody gets hurt. :smokin: