Still the "fat girl/guy"?

Options
For those of you who have lost a lot of weight, do you still see yourself as the "fat girl/guy"? Ive been thinking about that as i have 150 (now 135!!) to lose and I am wondering if I will still see that "Fat girl" I was my whole life.

Replies

• tweety170
    tweety170 Posts: 167
    Options
    The amount lost is all relative...I have always been the "big girl" amongst friends and I still sometimes see that same person. But those are the times when I look back on my before pictures and see how far I've come. You're doing great...stick with it!!!
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    It takes time to catch up to understand you're not what you used to be. I've found pushing myself physically is the best way to show my mind I'm not where I used to be.
  • EvanR
    EvanR Posts: 17
    Options
    It gets better. There will still be moments, but they become more and more seldom as you lose.
  • greenscrapcat
    Options
    Yes, my friends tell me I dn't see myself the same as they do. It'll cme in time I hope.
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Im worried that no matter how thin i become that i will still be the "fat girl". I have had such a self image problem since my early teens that I can imagine being thin, Even tho i am planning to be thin, i am having a hard time visualizing it. If that makes sense.
  • Mairgheal
    Mairgheal Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost a huge amount like some others here (OMG Schwiggity, your weight loss is SOME achievement!), but even so, my mind is still not quite used to my new size. It's only on photos that I see that I'm actually slim now.