FROZEN FOOD

Options
aka62792
aka62792 Posts: 98 Member
Do Y'all eat frozen food ? I like Lean Cuisine and Healthy Choice. Mostly things like Sesame. Stir Fry Chicken. Obviously, not every day. If cooking is a pain that day, I will eat Frozen. Just want to know if that is OK ?

Replies

• Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Yeah, no issues with it.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Sure, if it fits your calorie and macro goals. I tend to avoid them because I don't like the taste and find them very small, and some people avoid them because of the sodium levels, but there's nothing wrong with using them for convenience.

Really, the best thing you can do for yourself while trying to lose weight is do what works and that you can stick to - if that means a frozen meal on days when you don't have the time or inclination to cook, have at it.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I used to eat them once or twice a day. I got sick of the small portions after a while and started cooking salmon and sauced veg in the microwave instead. I did find that the frozen meals helped me to get the hang od calorie counting and I did lose weight doing it.
  • aka62792
    Options
    Thank you for your insight. At one point I was eating Frozen 2 or 3 nights a week. Mostly because I had all the nutritional info. I also got sick of it, I did lose weight. I live in FL, so we grill out a lot. Mahi, Lobster, Chicken, Veggies. A lot of swimming.
  • aka62792
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. Yesterday, was just a HORRIBLE day. So I just pulled out a Lean Cuisine. Most of the time, I eat Grlled, Stir Fry, to avoid oil.
  • aka62792
    Options
    Yeah, no issues with it.
    aka62792 wrote: »
    Thank you for your insight. At one point I was eating Frozen 2 or 3 nights a week. Mostly because I had all the nutritional info. I also got sick of it, I did lose weight. I live in FL, so we grill out a lot. Mahi, Lobster, Chicken, Veggies. A lot of swimming.

• MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I hate them. Hate the taste and texture of most TV Dinners so I just avoid them. They shouldn't be all that bad health wise though. Sadly, I wouldn't knot too much about it, just throwing my opinion out there.
  • JB035
    JB035 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Nope... I can't stand them. I either prep my own food or stop by some local places that sell home cooked pre packed food.
  • aka62792
    Options
    JB035 wrote: »
    Nope... I can't stand them. I either prep my own food or stop by some local places that sell home cooked pre packed food.
    I have been doing take out at a FABULOUS Japanese Restaurant. The food is Delicious and it's Protein and Vegetables. Thank you for your reply.
  • aka62792
    Options
    I hate them. Hate the taste and texture of most TV Dinners so I just avoid them. They shouldn't be all that bad health wise though. Sadly, I wouldn't knot too much about it, just throwing my opinion out there.
    Thank you for your reply. I am learning about all kinds of food. I think I will avoid Frozen.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    If you like the convenience, could you cook up a batch of soup, or chilli or casserole and freeze it in single serves for those nights where you don't want to cook? I try to always have a couple of frozen homemade options in the freezer.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Those two have little to no taste to me. I stick with Marie Callender's (though that one can be calorie dense) and Evol.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    If you like the convenience, could you cook up a batch of soup, or chilli or casserole and freeze it in single serves for those nights where you don't want to cook? I try to always have a couple of frozen homemade options in the freezer.

This is a great idea. I love frozen leftovers. Better tasting and cheaper than grocery store freezer meals. I freeze shredded meat, rice, and beans, too.
  • dfwesq
    dfwesq Posts: 592 Member
    Options

This is a great idea. I love frozen leftovers. Better tasting and cheaper than grocery store freezer meals. I freeze shredded meat, rice, and beans, too.
    This is what I do. I know it's going to be good, because I made it and I've already tasted it.
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I eat frozen food but not frozen ready meals. I use frozen berries in smoothies, frozen peas, spinach, broccoli etc in meals, I freeze homemade food when I cook large batches so I can defrost and eat another day (bolognaise, Shepherd's pie, curries, chilli etc), meat (especially when it's in the "reduced to clear" section but I don't want to eat it that day).
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I eat frozen fruits and vegetables. I also eat gelato, and when it's on sale, I'll treat myself to my favorite frozen burrito. (Frozen burritos sound gross, I know, but this one's good, IMO. It's expensive, though.)
  • trorion
    trorion Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Better than having no food and running to fast food for lunch. Also nice because they tend to be very accurate regarding their kcal.
  • shandy82165
    shandy82165 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I like to keep a frozen meal on hand for those days when I don't have anything prepped and I don't have time to prep before going to work.

I also like to cook things like chili and pasta sauce in a large batch, or a large pot of beans, then freeze in individual servings for a quick meal. I portion out the servings into plastic baggies and lay them flat, then stack them in the freezer. They take up much less room that way, and I eat them so quickly that i never have to worry about freezer burn.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I used to, but it's really not as satisfying as a home cooked meal.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I keep them on hand for when I don't have leftovers for lunch to take to work. Some brands and options are tastier than others. I really like Evol, Weight Watchers Smart Made (good macros), and Stouffers Fit Kitchen (also good macros). Sometimes I bring some extra precooked chicken to throw in with them for additional protein, or grab a soup or salad from my work cafeteria to help fill me up a little more.

I like my own home cooked meals that I save for leftovers but sometimes the convenience of these is hard to beat. My family is out of town this week so I've been eating quite a few of them since I haven't felt like cooking.