What Nutrients Do you Track?

Options
Just curious to see what nutrients everyone tracks...
Mine: Calories, Fat, Fiber, Protein, Sugar and Sodium

Replies

• goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
  • jaglover04
    jaglover04 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I do calories most, like when i'm deciding what i'm going to eat but then i note what i ate the kept me at or under the other categories.
  • FletcherChic
    Options
    first and foremost i track calories...then i look at my macronutrients to make sure i have the right ratios (carbs, fat, and proteins) to maintain well-balanced meals, and sugar too because i have to really monitor my sugar intake and keep it as low as possible.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,087 Member
    Options
    Calories Carbs Fat Protein (Potassium and Iron for my "changeable" Food Diary Settings). But I do switch back and forth from the Iron and Potassium to Vitamin A and Calcium to refresh my memory sometimes.

It is hard for me to get enough potassium in my diet, and I have to supplement calcium and potassium. Potassium requires copious amounts of fruit and veggies, so I like to have the numbers in front of me. Same with iron, since I don't eat a lot of meat. Beans seem to do the trick!

The "Printable Diary" automatically tracks these: Calories Carbs Fat Protein Cholest Sodium Sugars Fiber
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    cals carbs fat protein sodium sugar

I pay most attention to calories first then sodium and then sugar
  • Jelybe
    Jelybe Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Calories / Carbs / Fat / Protein / Fiber / Sodium
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,087 Member
    Options

Fiber AND Sodium are automatically tracked for you on page two (printable report) on your Food Diary.

Click the green "view full report (printable)" button at the bottom of your food diary page. Then you can pick some other nutrients to watch. (If you want to....)
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Calories, fiber, fat, protein, potassium, sodium.
  • Jelybe
    Jelybe Posts: 266 Member
    Options

Fiber AND Sodium are automatically tracked for you on page two (printable report) on your Food Diary.

Click the green "view full report (printable)" button at the bottom of your food diary page. Then you can pick some other nutrients to watch. (If you want to....)

Oooh. I did not know.... Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

I track the exact same ones that you do, but I am most concerned with calories and sodium (having high blood pressure). I always go over sodium, but I try to be aware of how much I am going over and what foods have less sodium in them for next time.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Calories, Fat, Saturated Fat, Protein, Fiber & Carbs - are the main ones I have tracked here.

I go in and check my calcium periodically too, I wish there was one more entry for me to have it on my list!

I don't worry too much about sugar and sodium although I do check the numbers sometimes.