Be brutal and honest

Options
So,I am lighter than when I met my Hubby 15 years ago and Healthier than I have ever been. I have pics of myself in a bikini(my 1st ever) please go look and tell me if I should lose more or just tone up (move cals to maintenance). YOu will not hurt my feelings I promise. I am 5'4" and weigh141.5
Thank You !

Replies

• starkid120
    starkid120 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I would say just work on toning (which might make you lose a couple more pounds) -- you look great by the way! Congrats on 49lbs lost!!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Girl! You look FANTASTIC! I think you've lost plenty and look amazing!
  • Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I think u should lose at least 5 to 8 more pounds and then focus on toning up , my honest opinion
  • Ciarn
    Ciarn Posts: 92
    Options
    i think you should just tone up u look great!!!!
  • tritepoet
    tritepoet Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Girl, you look great. Love those curves, don't change a thing!
  • kaaatielove
    kaaatielove Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Girl! You look FANTASTIC! I think you've lost plenty and look amazing!

Im gonna have to agree!! you look amazing! congrats!
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    You need to tone up. Work on your tummy. Otherwise you look great.
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You look great, but Its how you feel. Try just toning and go from there. You can always try and lose a few lbs if you are not happy later
  • sharidiane
    sharidiane Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    WOW - you look GREAT!!!! I think if you're going to up your cals to maintenance, you may want to do some strength training as you go along to make sure that excess cals become muscle. But, yeah, you look really good! Great work!
  • hwjssc
    hwjssc Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I think you just need to tone up:) and by the way I LOVE your tat on your back:)
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    You look really good, I'd just work on toning up. Congrats on the weight loss!
  • mcgwnkrista
    Options
    You look awesome! I would say lose 5-10 more pounds and tone up :)
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I'm also the same height at 5'4...it depends if you are happy with your body now and just tone it or do you want to try to lose a little more and then tone? For my body I would love to lose about 10 more and then tone it up...but its only cause my bottom half is heavier since I'm pear shaped.
  • jenstanley13
    jenstanley13 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You look great, but Its how you feel. Try just toning and go from there. You can always try and lose a few lbs if you are not happy later

Agree with this. People tell me I look great at 5'4" and 150lbs; I don't feel great though and know I need to lose weight and tone up my body. I want to like how I look and feel in a bikini, if I don't like it or don't feel good then all of the compliments in the world don't help much...and no I don't have a distorted body image, I don't look bad for having a baby but I know I could look and feel a lot better!
  • tushiness
    tushiness Posts: 29
    Options
    I think u should lose at least 5 to 8 more pounds and then focus on toning up , my honest opinion

me too :) but then thats just the type of body I would be aiming for! well done on losing the weight!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    You have made fantastic progress and you look great! Be proud!

I am the same height as you; I would go for another 10 lbs., slowly, setting your weekly loss goal to either 1 or 1/2 lb/week. and keep working out; get your body fat percent to somewhere 19-22% (no idea what it is now; maybe you are there!).

blessings.
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    you look great! i think maybe lose another 10 pounds at most & incorporating more strength training to help you tone up while you're losing ♥ i hope your hubby is proud of you!
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'4" and 141lb :) I think you have reached a happy point! If you'd like to keep changing the way you look (whether toning or losing more weight) I suggest lifting weights and continuing to eat fresh and healthy foods. :) This will help your muscles grow and 'tone' as folks like to call it, and will really change your physique in a fabulous way.

So I vote for toning :) If you are happy where you are, stop and feel great because you look very good!
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I think you look amazing! Start working on toning, and as a happy byproduct, you'll firm up and drop a little more fat as well.
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    You look great. My suggestion would be to start "easing" into maintenance. You will continue to shave off a few more pounds, but at a slower rate. It will help you adapt to maintenance instead of going 'full on' at once. I suggest this because it was psychologically difficult for me to adapt to eating maintenance calories and 'turn off' the weight loss mode. By easing into it... you have the benefit of losing a few more fat lbs, while you start to strength train *which changes the appearance of your body*, and makes maintenance not seem like such of a 'shock.'

It all depends on what your personal goals are... mine weren't focused on a number as much as it was focused on the appearance of my body. Once I started strength training, I saw my body transform. While my weight isn't changing so much- my body fat % continues to lower.

I would rather be 145 lbs and 15% body fat than 130 lbs and 30% body fat... just my opinion... start strength training- it does a body good!