High blood pressure

Options
What are some good ways to keep my blood pressure down and good things to eat to keep it down

Replies

• marissa1108
    marissa1108 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Take deep breaths it will lower it
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    You may find this link useful:

https://www.heartfoundation.org.au/your-heart/know-your-risks/blood-pressure

... particularly the information regarding modifiable risk factors such as weight loss, exercise, reducing sodium, etc.
  • emilyhoten279
    emilyhoten279 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What some good meals to make so my blood pressure down
  • zajoules
    zajoules Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    beetroot, salads, I have the same problem I eat between 1000 and 1200 cals a day. look up joe cross he got me introduced to green juice. it's an acquired taste to warn you but he has better recipes now. cut out the salt and do gentle exercise every day.
  • MotherofKatakat
    MotherofKatakat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been eating 1000 and 1200 a day as well, used to have high blood pressure and it dropped into regular BP when I changed my cal intake. Salads (at least one every day) and green juices help ALOT!
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Exercise. I suggest you walk 15mins a day, after a while do 30mins a day then after few weeks maybe do 40mins a day.
  • Traveler120
    Traveler120 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    1 hr/day of moderate intensity exercise eg a very brisk walk, lots of fruits and veggies, whole grains, less salt, less fat, less meat and also lose weight.
  • emilyhoten279
    emilyhoten279 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the help
  • johnw83
    johnw83 Posts: 6,219 Member
    Options
    garlic is good for blood presure
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Reduce your salt intake.

Regular cardiovascular exercise.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
  • VeggieBarbells
    VeggieBarbells Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    If your diet is poor, make changes immediately. If you do little or no exercise, change your routine today. The doctors will tell you high blood pressure is a silent killer. And their not wrong. Make changes to your lifestyle now. You'll reap the benefits for years. Good luck.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Losing weight helps a lot! Before I started MFP, my doctor took my stats. At the time, my BP was 130/90 (the upper end of prehypertensive). Six months later, I was more than 40 lbs lighter and my BP was 125/85. Still prehypertensive, but in the middle of that range. I've got 79 lbs standing between me and goal and I'm pretty sure I'll be well into the normal range before I reach it.