Any Kayla Itsines' BBG girls (or boys)??

Options
I'll be starting her 12 week BBG program the week of March 12 (BBG 1)! I'm not so scared of the hard work. I do 5-6 exercise sessions a week. But I'm a little nervous to start! I'm interested to hear people's experiences, successes, failures, etc.

Also, if anyone is thinking of buddying up or holding each other accountable, I'm available!!

Thanks!
Allie

Replies

• Elligatorz
    Elligatorz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I did BBG last summer/fall of and on, but didn't stick to it religiously. I started again at the beginning of the year and I am currently on week 8. I've stuck to all the resistance training but have been doing my own cardio. I don't like HIIT, I prefer doing cardio on the stairmaster and incline treadmill, which end up being higher intensity than the recommended LISS. The workouts are pretty fun, I like the timed intervals and find them motivating to fit as many sets as I can in to the seven minutes! It is a bit heavy on ab work for me though. I have a rectangle body shape and when I build too much core muscle I lose all shape in my waist. When I finish the twelve weeks I'll probably switch to Strong Curves because it will fit my aesthetics more.

Don't be nervous to start! It's fun and a good balance of tough but do-able, especially since you already have a good base level of fitness!
  • bmbabe
    bmbabe Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just started BBG yesterday! It was definitely a lot tougher than I was expecting, or I'm just more out of shape than I thought
  • madibowe
    madibowe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Allie! BBG is so worth it! I did 6 weeks last summer, but fell through when school started. I am now about to start Week 5 of my 2nd try! I'm loving it so much. I would recommend checking out Instagram for some AWESOME BBG accounts, great inspiration and accountability as most girls are doing the same workouts on the same day, even if on different weeks. Have fun!!!
  • demonica910
    demonica910 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm currently on week 21 of BBG! It's so worth it. Not only have I lost 32 lbs, I can see muscle. AND I have abs! This program is nuts. Stick with it and u will get super results. Good luck everyone!
  • christenamiller
    christenamiller Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    me! I just started. On week 2 and really looking for some motivation (it's tough for me to want to workout alone). I've gained about 20 lbs in a few months so really looking to get back into it. Please add me!
  • heathermgg
    heathermgg Posts: 19 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'm getting ready to start too! I've been following some BBGers on Instagram for awhile, and I am impressed by their results and physiques - they lose plenty of fat but also build and tone muscle and generally get stronger :)
  • saschagm
    saschagm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've started this week! It's my second attempt and I really hope I'll stick to the programme this time. I'd love to be friends with anybody who's doing BBG as well! :)
  • harmonycupcake
    harmonycupcake Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just started week 1 of the pre-training and it is kicking my *kitten*!
  • christine_olivia
    christine_olivia Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just started BBG this week :) My primary goal is to lose 15-20 lbs, but then to start to gain muscle! I did one resistance workout and could barely walk the next day... so it seems like an amazing plan :)
  • pitimtl
    pitimtl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am starting bbg tomorrow. How are you with it?
  • enolaro
    enolaro Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm completing week 4 of BBG this week! Have been able to stick with all the resistance training thus far but slacking off with the LISS a little bit. Definitely kicks my butt but I love how it's making me feel so far so hope to take it all the way to week 12! No visible results yet. Anyone can feel free to add me
  • Mamagill08
    Mamagill08 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Starting BBG Monday. I have a hard time sticking to things but I really want it this time. I love everything health and fitness related. Anyone on the journey feel free to add me. Looking for some fitness friends!
  • mfaaan
    mfaaan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi! I just joined MFP and I'm starting BBG week 1 on Monday. It'll be my 3rd try and I really hope to stick with it this time. I'm not trying to lose weight per se, but I really want to have more energy and feel better in my body. Any tips from those of you who've kept at it for a while now?
  • lightening_lucys_load
    Options
    Hi everyone! I started using MFP last week, and am starting BBG week 1 tomorrow. This will be the second time I've tried to do it, and am determined to stick with it this time as I really want to be fitter and stronger. Also trying to lose about 3st, but don't want to get obsessed with the numbers on the scales! Feel free to add me so we can motivate each other
  • morynne
    morynne Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I just started yesterday -- I'm sticking with it through at least 1 full cycle. I tried awhile back, but realized I was waaay too far out of shape. I spent the months in between working on generally improving my fitness.
  • adelpi
    adelpi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! I just started yesterday my second round. This time, I want to be more focused on my food.