Sweating for my wedding! Would LOVE some friends on here!

Options
dani_cooperr94
dani_cooperr94 Posts: 1 Member
edited March 2017 in Introduce Yourself
yyxjkshimzzf.jpg
I'm Dani! After EIGHT years of being with the love of my life (four of those years we've been engaged), having a child (a beautiful boy), & buying our first home, WE ARE FINALLY TYING THE KNOT!
Unfortunately, being pregnant & having a csection destroyed my once decent body. Sooo, here I am! I started out at a whopping 260lbs, I am now down to 230lbs. I have until the first week of August to be down to my goal weight. August is when I have to send my wedding dress out to be altered and obviously after it's sent out, I can't lose or gain any weight or it won't fit! So, my goal weight is 180lbs. But I know 50lbs in 4.5 months is a little steep, so I will be pleased with myself if I can get down to 200lbs even. I love my fiancé to the moon & back and I just want to look perfect on our big day. I would LOVE to have some friends on here. People to talk to, people to support me and ones that I can support during their journey! ❤ posting a picture of my & the future hubs & one of just myself just to give y'all a visual. :)0zm17s0oqixs.jpg

Replies

• darbydxo
    darbydxo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You made really quick progress! Keep up the good work!
  • prayersinchairs
    prayersinchairs Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm getting married in october. I've gained a out 40 pounds since last August when I started my own business. I get my wedding dress back tomorrow and will send it to alterations soon.
  • ShrinkingViolet1982
    ShrinkingViolet1982 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    My wedding was my inspiration for my weight loss too, 7 years ago :) Congrats to you!
  • PrincessMel72
    PrincessMel72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! You're doing great!
  • Stephanie_skinny
    Stephanie_skinny Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! I am getting married in August! I also have had a long relationship. We will be getting married on our 10th year dating anniversary. I am also trying to lose at least 30lbs from now until the first week of August!
  • Dsnelz
    Dsnelz Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Aw congrats! We're in the same boat weight and goal wise! I lost 25lbs in 2 months so you CAN do it!! :)
  • emilymm615
    emilymm615 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am getting married in November and want to lose at least 20 lbs (the weight I've put on since we've been dating, lol). I've been working out and eating right since Mid-February (we gave up sweets for lent) but the scale has yet to move and has even gone up a bit despite a couple of people who I don't see often saying that my face looked thinner. Would love to have an accountability group! Hope you're all meeting your weight loss goals and killing it on the wedding planning!
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I was 180lbs when my husband purposed last year and made it down to like 167 before the wedding. But then life happened and I gained it all back and then some. So trying really hard to lose it again.
  • Ladaria180
    Ladaria180 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Same here! I'm getting married in December and want all of this fat gone! Good luck to you
  • JJS1979
    JJS1979 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job! Keep working hard and just remember, don't lose the weight just for your wedding, lose the weight because it makes you feel great and you want to live a healthy lifestyle forever! Keep it up!
  • davanz
    davanz Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can do it! It's really helpful to have friends on here and see their daily posts. I've been really happy with MFP so far...seeing other peoples' success is really inspiring. Even if you're not at your final ideal weight by the wedding, you're beautiful and it will be a special day regardless. <3 Keep it up! We're here for you!