Stuck in a rut but hanging in there (pic)

Options
I'm having a lot of work stress lately and I'm finding myself snacking more than usual! I'm still keeping input below output and doing some exercise though not as much. Anyone got any tips for stress? I just took some progress pics to keep it in perspective, gotta keep plugging along. 315 to 255
n79o3mylly2h.jpg

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    Great progress so far! Work stress is tough because sometimes things can be changed and managed and sometimes not, so without knowing more details I'd suggest keeping a list of things other than food you can turn to and/or do when you're feeling super stressed and would normally snack, such as 10 deep breaths, a short walk around your office, surfing the internet for 5 - 10 minutes, etc.

I don't know what to suggest exactly, but mainly just little things you can do instantly that will take your focus off of food. Keep up the good work!
  • hannahontheleftcoast
    hannahontheleftcoast Posts: 37 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Great progress so far! Work stress is tough because sometimes things can be changed and managed and sometimes not, so without knowing more details I'd suggest keeping a list of things other than food you can turn to and/or do when you're feeling super stressed and would normally snack, such as 10 deep breaths, a short walk around your office, surfing the internet for 5 - 10 minutes, etc.

I don't know what to suggest exactly, but mainly just little things you can do instantly that will take your focus off of food. Keep up the good work!

That's a good idea, I'll try that! I'm a big time list maker too so that's perfect for me

I work from home where I have access to food anytime.
    Unfortunately working from home also means there aren't many difficult things I can delegate because I'm the master mind. I have a vacay next week and that's why so much extra stress to wrap things up
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Exercise is a great way to destress if you have time. I also started listening to calming music or nature sounds from youtube during work.
  • hannahontheleftcoast
    Options
    Lizzy622 wrote: »
    You can do it. Exercise is a great way to destress if you have time. I also started listening to calming music or nature sounds from youtube during work.

I have totally been skipping the gym and I bet it's true that it's hurting my all around attitude. I'll have to just do it today
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Adult coloring books? Journaling? Punching bag? ;) My stress relief is in the weight room, personally.
  • hannahontheleftcoast
    Options
    Adult coloring books? Journaling? Punching bag? ;) My stress relief is in the weight room, personally.

I guess my go to is to take a walk! I do like the weight room though I need to get in there. I go usually five days a week but since this workload toppled on me I have only gone once in the past week
  • hypodonthaveme
    hypodonthaveme Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing. Awesome job!

How about trying to get extra steps in. Try something new. Some colleges here charge a small fee but will let you swim. Can you join an exercise group at a Ymca/ ywca? Get a friend involved and learn something new?

Just do the best you can. Squeeze in exercise when you can. Run in place. Jump rope. March in place. Pace while on the phone or cooking dinner. It all adds up pretty quick. Do some squats or sit ups before bed.
  • ibesushi
    ibesushi Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congrats on all the progress you have made! In terms of working from home and work stress I can empathise a bit. What helps me is that when I do work from home my work space is in my loft. I have breakfast and then bring a coffee and a large glass of water, which tends to hold off hunger pangs and the urge to snack (as well as being as far away from the kitchen as possible!)
  • joolie1234
    joolie1234 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Can you go outside? Fresh air and a change of scenery always makes me feel better.
  • hannahontheleftcoast
    Options
    Ty everyone for the suggestions! I made a hiking friend and signed up for a pole dancing class! One of my friends did and she just in such good shape so fast it isn't even funny, so here's to getting in shape! It's been a few days and I've been going to the gym and I feel much better, I think I just need to stick with my routine even when I'm not feeling great
  • tealtortoise
    tealtortoise Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success. I think the fact that you posted about it on MFP is a sign you are handling the stress well.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Pole dancing sounds like fun. :)
  • 2011rocket3touring
    2011rocket3touring Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Look at that pic you just posted. Extremely impressive transformation, that should absolutely keep you focused.
  • hannahontheleftcoast
    Options
    Thanks everyone I definitely got over my rut!! My numbers dropped like crazy after this post. Thanks for all the support, support makes all the difference!!!!2hpd6lobaxeq.jpg
  • alicer4182
    alicer4182 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wowwww!!!!! Your such an inspiration , you've come so far!!!!!! You can do this :) I have the same snacking issue :( here r some things I do to curb ma cravings ,(Hope this helps!)
    2) drink some water with lemon hydrating always helps me think clearly
    3) go on a short walk
    4) write in a journal about what I'm feeling
    5) try not to watch too much TV because for some reason that makes me want to snack? (That could just b a me thing?)
    6) if u are still hungry, make yourself a cute plate of food, it always helps me feel in control and avoid a binge :)))
    All in all though, good luck !!!