Breastfeeding mommas

Options
I'm trying to get back on track and its been 6 weeks since I've had my son. I guess you burn more calories through out the day by breastfeeding. Does anyone include those calories into the daily goal. Also,anyone have any snack ideas because i am starving after i feed the little guy.

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    check out this post, it has all you need to know about calorie counting while breastfeeding in the second half:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10176233/gaining-weight-during-pregnancy-and-losing-it-post-partum

as for snacks, do you have any food restrictions or anything?
    some of my go toos that end up being 200 - 300 cals:

cheese and crackers
    a serving of almonds and an apple
    an apple with a serving of peanut butter
    greek yogurt with berries and some cereal mixed in for crunch
    I love tostitos queso, so I eat that with a serving of tortilla chips alot for a snack
    veggie and dip or hummus
    toast with peanut butter and jelly

pretty much anything can make a good snack :)

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the little one!
  • akmomof7
    akmomof7 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Please don't try to do aggressive dieting in the early days of breastfeeding. Eat healthy by all means, but if you are hungry eat! Your milk supply is dependent on the amount of calories you eat, at least until it's well established and it won't be for a while yet. Definitely eat an extra 300-500 calories to feed that little guy! I used to eat string cheese, cottage cheese, tuna salad and crackers, fruit, peanut butter sandwiches for snacks.