Getting there...

Options
ALC131
ALC131 Posts: 13 Member
I'm in the mood to share my success story... I started about a year ago and I've lost just over 100lbs, I have about 10 more lbs to go until I am at my goal weight but for once I am finally happy with the weight I am now.

I get so many compliments, it's unbelievable, to say a year ago I was 100lbs heavier and hated myself pretty much..!

For anybody just starting I hope these photos can be a bit of an eye opener of what is possible with strength and determination. I am happy to help and speak to anybody that wants to! :)

Before...

(I'm on the left)
e1d739eycbpn.jpg

jrah4hooayup.jpg

wcqumeb0zjjz.jpg

tsqvj3j3dpdj.jpg

tmceyuq3r872.jpg

q2ytqsjqjbuc.jpg

4yfkwiex9lbc.jpg

29egm8iib9fj.jpg

After...

xzg3cgcc87od.jpg

uqfjm7acg7bo.jpg

aiwoopqf8uzq.jpg

o0357hk2idb8.jpg

unhvb5s36is1.jpg

c0765aqf8ab0.jpg

I hope you like them...! :)

Adam

Replies

• dan_forrest
    dan_forrest Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Awesome job man. Hard work pays off!
  • cnavarro002
    cnavarro002 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look amazing! Great job!
  • jkirby0036
    jkirby0036 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Very awesome! This was so encouraging this morning and I needed a little motivation. Thank you!
  • sharonandwyatt
    sharonandwyatt Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing...congratulations you look great and you're such an inspiration
  • amanda_deanne
    amanda_deanne Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing transformation. Congrats!
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Wow you look about 10 years younger! Great job and congratulations!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Adam dude you rock!
  • ALC131
    Options
    Wow thank you everybody for your kind words! It means a lot.

It took a long time and a lot of hard work but it is totally worth it!
  • vkmango4
    vkmango4 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats! :)
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • judydj1220
    judydj1220 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! Love how your eyes "opened" -- both figuratively and physically!
  • StevenGarrigus
    StevenGarrigus Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Incredible work my friend. Be proud of all you have accomplished!
  • abbelina04
    abbelina04 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job! What was your moment when you realized it was time for a life change? How did you stay motivated? I am starting my journey ( I have lost 18lbs so far but my goal is to lose a total of 120lbs). So I find your story very inspirational!
  • mtolose1
    mtolose1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Dude, you are killing it!!!
    Great job
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Are you 15 yet? Congratulations anyway.
  • STC02
    STC02 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    That is a crazy transformation! Wow.
    Just a couple of quick questions, I obviously understand if you wouldn't like to answer them. I have to lose around another 60lbs to be a 'normal' weight for my height. I'd be quite happy to lose another 50lbs tbh and then see if anymore needs to come off, so,

what height are you and weight are you now?
    have you had problems with sagging skin? I notice that you lost an average of around 8-9lbs per month and that is the rate I'm losing, like not huge losses but consistent losses if you get me and I'm really worried about sagging skin.
    Thanks!
  • dawson002
    dawson002 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    amazing....very well done
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Good work!

I also want to say that you and your friends look like a lot of fun!
  • ALC131
    Options
    abbelina04 wrote: »
    Wow! Great job! What was your moment when you realized it was time for a life change? How did you stay motivated? I am starting my journey ( I have lost 18lbs so far but my goal is to lose a total of 120lbs). So I find your story very inspirational!

I literally just woke up one morning, after seeing a tagged photo on Facebook of the night before and realised that something had to change. Friends had always been nice saying "you're not that fat" etc etc but I knew I was and if I didn't do something about it then I never would. Literally from that moment I have not looked back, I have been so hard on myself whilst doing it, which I probably wouldn't recommend. I've had no treats since I started, literally, none.

I think a large part is determination, once you have that you are destined to succeed. I won't lie to you, it's a long hard road, but you've passed the first round so a big congratulations! You should be proud of your achievement so far! :)
    Good work!

I also want to say that you and your friends look like a lot of fun!

Thank you! Haha my friends are just as crazy as me which helps!
    STC02 wrote: »
    That is a crazy transformation! Wow.
    Just a couple of quick questions, I obviously understand if you wouldn't like to answer them. I have to lose around another 60lbs to be a 'normal' weight for my height. I'd be quite happy to lose another 50lbs tbh and then see if anymore needs to come off, so,

what height are you and weight are you now?
    have you had problems with sagging skin? I notice that you lost an average of around 8-9lbs per month and that is the rate I'm losing, like not huge losses but consistent losses if you get me and I'm really worried about sagging skin.
    Thanks!

I will answer any questions - no problem at all.

I'm 5'6 and I weigh 11 stone 5 currently, which I believe is circa 159 pounds.

Sagging skin, yes. But not in the places I expected. I expected a large proportion to live on my stomach, whilst I have some sagging skin there it's not nearly as bad as I expected. The place it's sticking is the back of my thighs, it's literally just flappy skin. I'm going to see how I get on with it and decide if it's neccessary to have surgery in the future.

Sagging skin is unsighty, but, not as unsighty as a large round belly in my honest opinion.

I lost weight consistently but faster than average, partly because I had so much to lose I think. There was several times when I didn't lose anything for 2 weeks at a time, but I noticed a reduction in waist size.

My waist size was 42" and it's now 32/34". My chest size was 52/54" and it's now 42/40".
    Are you 15 yet? Congratulations anyway.

Hahaha unfortunately I am 25, but thank you for the compliment!

Guys thank you so much for your support, it gives me motivation to carry on and lets me know that I'm on the right path. If you have any more questions feel free to ask, I will answer anything within reason.

- Adam
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!