Portion control... Or lack there of : /

Options
I eat pretty healthy for the most part but just eating too much. I have a problem with stopping when I'm full. I know what I have to do but just a matter of doing it. I'll do real good for part of the day then will blow it at some point. Journaling this to see if it helps... can't hurt.

Replies

• CalorieArson
    CalorieArson Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You're going to get a lot of useful information from this app! Keeping track of your food is pretty awakening. It makes portion control much easier. It can help if you start to think of food more as energy than as pleasure. Good luck!
  • KassLea22
    KassLea22 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Also try drinking a full 8oz glass of water before eating...it helps fill you up so you won't over eat.
  • Fallfrenzy
    Fallfrenzy Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. You may find that it makes you more accountable to yourself for understanding just how much eating after you are full adds in calories. It has made me think twice sometimes about eating something. Hoping that it works for you!
  • doublewhopper
    doublewhopper Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am eating right now according to the primal blueprint. I eat plenty of dietary fat. It tells me when im full. If i eat low fat my body never tells me im full.
  • karklmmk64
    karklmmk64 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I'll try both suggestions and see if it helps. I'll look at it like putting "premium" fuel in my body and hydrating for health.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    I pre-plan my day. If I know I have a meal out planned I adjust around it. If I go over it realize it's just one day and isn't going to destroy my progress. The best tool in my arsenal is a digital scale. I weigh everything I eat (not when eating out which may happen once a week) and log everything I consume ( good,bad,ugly). It takes a bit of practice but before you know it its a habit. Good luck!