Struggling

Options
Hello
I started my diet a few weeks ago in an attempt to lose 40lbs by July. I do protein shakes for breakfast and lunch, and eat home cooked meals for dinner. My struggle is I'm really starting to crave my burgers, fries, and hot wings again. So far I'm fighting it, but this thing is really a struggle for me. Does anyone have any suggestions for me.
Thanks

Replies

• netraj83
    netraj83 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    One more thing I'm finding that I'm starting to get hungry at night like now. I do snack in between shakes on fruit or pickles.
  • etubville
    etubville Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Eat a hamburger with no bread.. it may take the edge off.
  • yellingkimber
    yellingkimber Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Eat the burger and fries. Just log it and track it. If you're budgeting your calories, it doesn't matter what you're eating because a calorie is a calorie.
  • anybeary
    anybeary Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Eat real foods instead of shakes. Fiber intake is a huge part of feeling full, so you probably aren't getting enough with shakes. Space your meals out so you're eating 4 or 5 small meals (between 200-300 calories each) per day. You can have your final meal late in the day so that you don't get late night cravings. If you're not already, make sure you're getting enough protein (at least 85 g) a day too.
  • anybeary
    anybeary Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Supplements, like a good multi-vitamin, will also help with cravings. Vitamin D and fish oil are also good things to take.
  • DavidVXR
    DavidVXR Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    The shakes are good and use them myself but it does sound like maybe your actually feeling hungry and defaulting to past food habit. Keep up with the protein but try some whole food to so you're actually eating something. Best wishes.
  • oliviachoo
    oliviachoo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I find that eating bananas in the mornings help with cravings and is a good mood booster so I stay focused throughout the day. Sometimes I add an extra banana to my smoothie.
    Eat the burger without the bun. Most places can do a lettuce wrap. Or if you're cooking at home, you can add oats and/or ground veggies to the meat patty. Swap the mayo with avocado. Skip the fries. Don't drive yourself crazy over it. Just log it and enjoy!
    Lastly, I drink apple cider vinegar and hot water when I'm having sweet or junk food cravings. It takes getting used to but it really helps me clear my palate to switch off the unhealthy and late night urges ...and it's said to promote digestion and a handful of other benefits.
    Hope this helps. Keep up the good work!
  • netraj83
    netraj83 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice. I went and found a multivitamin today, and I also found some raw apple cider vinegar pills that I am going to start including in my daily regimen tomorrow. I'm so glad I fought my cravings last night and just went to sleep. I started the shakes on Monday and I decided to weigh myself this morning. I have lost 6 lbs, so it seems to be worth the sacrifice. I'm glad I found this community last night also having a support system and getting advice from others makes this easier. Again thank you all. Will try that recipe for the burger.