Large meal ideas

Options
owenharrison1
owenharrison1 Posts: 5 Member
I've got to cook a large meal for 5 very hungry people where I basically can do all the prep the night before then put it in the oven to cook on the day. Do you have any ideas? needs to be a sizeable amount of food which isn't huge on calories.

previous ideas were Morrocan lamb or a chilli

Replies

• dabearo
    dabearo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Flat cut brisket. 1 or 2 depending on their size ( the brisket not the people)
    BBQ seasoning night before
    Crock pot day of. Add some BBQ sauce, liquid smoke, apple cider vinegar to make about 1/2 a cup.
    7-8 hours on low for 2 flat cut brisket. More if not falling apart. Can stay on warm in crock pot for a long time.

Serve on bake potatoes
  • EllaLeahB
    EllaLeahB Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Omg! I love Moroccan Lamb! The first time I had it, I didn't know I was eating lamb. One of my friends is from Morocco and her mother used to make the best food, they used to own a restaurant and I live with them for a while when I was in high school. I ate it and told her it was the best meat I ever had and asked her what it was. She looked at me and said, “it's lamb"...
    I haven't had a land like that anywhere else.

What about some baked chicken or pork tenderloin with a vegievand salad, maybe half a yam or a potato..

Pulled pork? Not sure if you want to Portabella mushrooms, they are really good stuffed with tuna (made with a bit of olive oil, not mayo) tilopped with cheese.

Stuffed bell peppers?

Mmmmm Moroccan Lamb
  • EllaLeahB
    EllaLeahB Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Ugh..apologies for the typos
  • steved1661
    steved1661 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Two potential choices, both are normally considered "healthy" when made with proper ingredients... and could actually be done the night before in crock pot / slow cooker...

Chili or Beef Stew

If you want to add some calories, include a nice french bread or such to suck up the gravy.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    spaghetti is good for a crowd
  • Afura
    Afura Posts: 2,054 Member
    Options
    Chili, lasagna, a casserole.
  • ConquerAndBloom
    ConquerAndBloom Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    If possible, I would say invest in a Crock Pot! I use mine for pretty much anything these days, and it makes a mean chili! I second what the previous poster said about a casserole. Can be done in the oven or a Crock Pot, good opportunities to put a lot of protein and veggies in, and tastes delicious!
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Tacos using ground turkey and fat free refried beans
    Lasagna with thin sliced zucchini as the noodles
    Roast Chicken with potatoes & carrots
    Grilled Southwest Chicken Salads