Why am I not dropping the weight

Options
Hi my name is Jacqui I am a 39 year old female 5'3 and weigh 92kg. For 2 weeks I have been eating clean and doing 45 minute spinning classes alternating with a 1km swim on the days I don't spin. So 14 days straight excersise and eating well but I have not dropped a single kg!!! How is this possible? I am generally under my calorie intake for the day as I don't eat back my excersise calories. I just don't understand how I have not even lost 1/2 a kg in 2 weeks...any help would be appreciated

Replies

• seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    Read through this helpful flowchart for advice:

8l9tmprt87af.jpg
  • briohne128
    briohne128 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    It could just be water weight! I lost 8 pounds but then for a couple of weeks, I didn't lose any weight and I was really frustrated but this week, the water weight came off and I lost 4 pounds in one go! So please don't give up! It will come off :) x
  • Jacquismth
    Jacquismth Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    Read through this helpful flowchart for advice:

8l9tmprt87af.jpg

Thank you...very useful
  • claudieishere
    claudieishere Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I trained for a half marathon for 10 weeks and ate clean and didn't lose any weight. I thought I was eating the right portion sizes but it wasn't until I really measured everything out and ensured I was including everything into my calculations (even counting the number of nuts I ate) so that I could be completely accountable for what I ate. Only then did the weight start to come off. And guess what? It's all with diet now and very light exercise. Because I was exercising heavily (running 7-14km 5 days a week) my appetite was out of control and I couldn't pull it back, that's what I reduced exercise. When I get closer to my goal I'll slowly introduce it back. Hope this is helpful.
  • letsdothis_again
    letsdothis_again Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Depends on what your definition of "eating clean" means. If you don't track macros and are eating 99% carbs with minimal protein, you could be holding on weight. Try lowering your carbs for 2 weeks and see if it helps
  • Jacquismth
    Options
    Hi...I eat very little carbs....and if I do its before midday....I record everything as in everything...that's why I thought it's so crazy not loosing weight...eating clean as in little to no carbs. ..whole veg...very little fruit...only a banana every day as a snack...I eat half a chicken breast not even a whole one as they are large...I don't know.
  • kpeterson539
    kpeterson539 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food with a scale using grams?
  • Jacquismth
    Options
    Hi...no I don't weigh my food...
    Breakfast is protein shake
    Snack banana
    Lunch tuna salad 1/2 tin tuna
    Snack cup of tea
    Supper 1/2 chicken breast with broccoli and cauliflower
  • Stella3838
    Stella3838 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Jacquismth wrote: »

9.99999 times out of 10 people are eating a lot more than they think. Weigh and measure all your food.
  • kpeterson539
    kpeterson539 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Jacquismth wrote: »
    Breakfast is protein shake
    Snack banana
    Lunch tuna salad 1/2 tin tuna
    Snack cup of tea
    Supper 1/2 chicken breast with broccoli and cauliflower

Honestly, you never truly know how much you're eating if it isn't measured. Many of us are not good with estimating the amounts we're putting into our mouths.

Please take a moment out and buy a digital scale at Walmart, Amazon, or where ever you like to shop. They generally cost only $10-15 so they are pretty reasonable. Make sure it has a tare function while it can also measure in grams and ounces, as a minimum.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Look at that flowchart carefully. It doesn't matter how "clean" your diet is. This is purely subjective and for the purposes of weight management...meaningless.

The only thing that matters in weight loss is caloric deficit. If you are not losing weight over a 6 week period then you are not in a caloric deficit. Two weeks is not long enough to tell anything. Biological systems don't react immediately and weight loss is not linear.

Keep working out and staying active, but weigh out your food - every bit of your food and see where the data takes you.