The 4 week diet....

Options
Hi,

Im new to myfitnesspal and am finding this site an absolute dream...

Wanted to share a 4 week diet that a friend gave to me which helped me loose 1 stone in 1 month.

Its not 1 of them radical diets as some days you can eat all that it states until you are full.

Have a read and give it a go....

Diet
Important Notes:
Weigh yourself at the beginning of the diet – and you wil find that by the end of the diet (4 weeks) that your weight will have decreased by 20-28kg.
This diet does not rely on calories but on the chemical reactions that occur in the body when food is consumed. Therefore it is very important that it is followed accurately without any replacement of certain foods for others (otherwise there is no benefit of following it). If you remove any of the foods, do not add other foods as replacements.
When the amount of food is not mentioned – it means you can eat as much as you like until you feel full.
This diet is good for all ages and there is no need to take vitamin supplements.
Also please note:
1. You should consume lots of water, during this diet, otherwise you will not benefit on the intended result.
2. Vegetables should be boiled in water without adding any Maggi cubes (but you can add: salt, pepper, spices or onion or garlic).
3. You should not add any oil, animal fat/butter to any of the foods.
4. You can drink tea/coffee at any time in the day (but without sugar or milk) – you can use artificial sweetner.
5. You can drink 1 cup of diet soda per day (at anytime during the day), or 2 cups of soda water per day (at any time during the day).
6. When you feel hungry at any amount of: cucumber or lettuce or carrot on the following conditions:
a) You only eat it after 2 hours of the main meal.
b) You only eat one of the above between meals.
7. You should follow the diet according to what is mentioned – you should not swap dinner with lunch or vice versa.
8. You should use an electronic scale to follow your weightloss.
9. You should try and do any form of exercise while doing the diet – even if it is at home.
10. After you complete the diet, you will quickly feel full when you eat any types of food which will help you maintain your weight. Though you should be careful that you eat carbohydrates and sugars moderately.
11. If you want to repeat the diet – it is suggested that you repeat Week 1 twice and Week 4 twice.

Please Note: It is essential that you drink plenty of water.
Week 1
Day
Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner

Day 1:
Monday

Half an Orange
1 boiled egg

1 type of fruit
any amount
(either orange, mandarine, strawberry, pear, rockmelon, watermelon, plum).

Baked Red meat (steak/ mince without fat).
It is preferred that a toaster is used to cook the meat.
(Not Chicken).

Day 2:
Tuesday

Half an Orange
1 boiled egg

Baked/boiled chicken (remove the skin).

2 boiled eggs
Salad (cucumber, lettuce, tomato, capsicum, carrot).
1 slice of toast
1 orange.

Day 3:
Wednesday

Half an Orange
1 boiled egg

White cheese (low fat) any amount.
1 toast
tomato

baked red meat (steak/mince meat without fat).

Day 4:
Thursday

Half an Orange
1 boiled egg

1 type of fruit
any amount

Baked red meat.
Salad (cucumber, lettuce, tomato, capsicum, carrot).

Day 5:
Friday2

Half an Orange
1 to 2 boiled eggs

2 boiled eggs
Boiled Vegetable
(Either, Zucchini or Spinach or Carrot or Peas).

Fish/prawns (baked) OR
Can of Tuna (without oil)

AND
Salad (as mentioned above).
1 Orange

Day 6:
Saturday

Half an Orange
1 to 2 boiled eggs

1 type of fruit
any amount

Baked Red Meat
Salad (as mentioned above)

Day 7:
Sunday

Half an Orange
1 to 2 boiled eggs

Chicken (Boiled/baked)
Tomato
Boiled Vegetables
1 Orange

Boiled Vegetables

Week 2
Day
Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner

Day 1:
Monday

Half an Orange
1 to 2 boiled eggs

2 boiled eggs
Salad (as mentioned in previous week).

2 boiled eggs
1 orange

Day 2:
Tuesday

Half an Orange
1 to 2 boiled eggs

Baked Red Meat (steak / mince without fat).
Salad (as mentioned in previous week).

2 boiled eggs
1 orange

Day 3:
Wednesday

Half an Orange
1 to 2 boiled eggs

Baked Red Meat (steak / mince without fat).
Cucumber

2 boiled eggs
1 orange

Day 4:
Thursday

Half an Orange
1 to 2 boiled eggs

2 boiled eggs
White low fat cheese
Boiled Vegetables
(Zucchini, green beans, Spinach, Carrot, Peas).

2 boiled eggs
Boiled Vegetables
(Zucchini, Green Beans, Spinach, Carrot, Peas).
Tomato

Day 5:
Friday

Half an Orange
1 boiled egg

Fish/ prawns (boiled or baked).

2 boiled eggs.

Day 6:
Saturday

Half an Orange
1 boiled egg

Baked Red Meat
Tomato
Orange

Fruit Salad
(Orange, Mandarine, Rockmelon, Plum, Apple)

Day 7:
Sunday

Half an Orange
1 boiled egg

Chicken (Boiled/baked)
Tomato
Orange

Chicken (Boiled/baked)
Tomato
Orange

Week 3
Day
Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner

Day 1:
Monday

All Day:
Any type of fruit, Any amount, At any time, And in any order/mixture (Except do not eat: grapes, mango, dates, banana, fig).

Day 2:
Tuesday

All Day:
Any type of Boiled Vegetable AND any type of Salad (all types of vegetables are allowed except: potato, beans, hummos/chickpeas etc.).

Day 3:
Wednesday

All Day:
Any type of fruit (as mentioned above) AND any type of boiled vegetable (as mentioned above) AND Salad – at any time in the day and in any amount.

Day 4:
Thursday

All Day:
Fish/ prawns (boiled/ baked) any amount.
Salad (Lettuce and Rocco only).

Day 5:
Friday

All Day:
Baked/Boiled Meat or Chicken (but not Sheep/lamb) – any amount.
Boiled Vegetables

Day 6:
Saturday

For these 2 days:
One type of fruit (for both days) and in any amount during the 2 days.
It should be either (apple only or pear only or plum only or apricot only or guava only).

Day 7:
Sunday

Week 4
Day
The amount that is mentioned each day should be spread throughout the day.

Day 1:
Monday

4 pieces of baked meat (steak) OR 4 pieces of boiled meat OR 1/4 a chicken (about 400 grams).
3 tomatoes, 4 cucumbers.
1 large can of tuna (without oil).
1 piece of toast.
1 orange.

Day 2:
Tuesday

2 pieces of baked meat (200grams).
3 tomatoes, 4 cucumbers.
1 piece of toast.
1 apple OR 1 guava OR 1 pear OR 1 piece of rockmelon/watermelon.
1 orange.

Day 3:
Wednesday

1 tablespoon of low fat white cheese.
1 can of tuna without oil.
A small plate of boiled vegetables.
2 tomatoes, 2 cucumbers.
1 piece of toast.
1 orange.

Day 4:
Thursday

1/2 a chicken (boiled or baked).
3 tomatoes, 4 cucumbers.
1 piece of toast.
1 orange.
1 type of fruit (of the types mentioned previously).

Day 5:
Friday

Breakfast: 1 Orange.
Lunch: 2 boiled eggs.
Dinner: 1 lettuce. And 3 tomatoes.

Day 6:
Saturday

Breakfast: 1 Orange.
Lunch:
2 chicken breast (boiled).
125grams of Akkawi/Haloumi Cheese for diet.
1 piece of toast.
Dinner:
2 tomatoes and 2 cucumbers and 1 cup of milk.

Day 7:
Sunday
Breakfast: 1 tablespoon of white low fat cheese.
Lunch: A small plate of boiled vegetables.
Dinner:
1 can of tuna (without oil).
2 tomatoes and 2 cucumbers and 1 orange.
1 piece of toast.

Now you are finished and hopefully a lot lighter and happier!!!!!


Replies

• smileyface45
    smileyface45 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    will i be dead at the end of this?
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I couldn't do it.. I'm sure you would lose weight while on it, because honestly, you aren't getting enough calories from only eating a couple of things a day. Once you go back to old habits, the weight would just walk right on back!
  • TayJoMama
    TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Yep. Reckon you'd lose a shedload of weight on that diet due to the very fact that there's few daily calories.

Do I reckon it's sustainable? Nope.

Just my opinion though...
  • JackeeW
    JackeeW Posts: 72
    Options
    I'm on Week One, Day Three of this diet now. It's very difficult to do because you aren't allowed to cheat whatsoever. I'm sure, as others have stated, that I will undoubtably regain some of the weight I lose during this 30 days after I'm off this plan. However, even knowing that I'm going to stick with it.

It's a great way for me to pay attention to what I'm putting in my mouth, rather than just grabbing anything. I need to make eating a conscious habit and not something that's mindlessly done. This diet definitely helps get you in the habit of that. Also, it's teaching me to pay attention to when I'm full and helping me resist temptation from craving.

I'm hoping that the weight I lose from this diet will help jump start my motivation to make better choices when off of it and thus really kick start my weight loss. I've read that those who see quick weight loss initially are more motivated to continue forward on their journey to better health and a healthier BMI. I truly believe that and this is my "kick start."

Good luck to anyone else doing it. I must say, my husband is doing this with me and if he weren't, I don't know that I'd make it. It's good to have a partner on your side during this.

Jackie
  • MissJennaBelle
    Options
    Bump! I will give this a thorough read when I'm on the PC tomorrow... thanks for posting!
  • ksmccoy
    ksmccoy Posts: 12
    Options
    What does 'bump' mean?
  • jayb0ne
    Options
    Bump is traditionally used to denote that you're 'bumping' the thread to the top of the forum but you don't actually have anything to say.

On this forum, I think it's when you're adding something to your personal 'My Topics' link at the top by posting something into the thread. I'd imagine so that you can save it to read later.
  • Majunta
    Majunta Posts: 575
    Options
    Food journaling will also help keep track of the food consumed but allows you more intake. MFP is a great site that helps you detremine the right amount of calories (or deficit of) to lose a predetermined number of pounds a week. If you do not go over the daily MFP calorie level food journaling every morsel consumed, you will lose weight with better chances of keeping the it off.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Rurouni_Kou
    Rurouni_Kou Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Once I read this: "4 week diet" I thought "scam/starvation diet/Junk science", reading further I read " This diet does not rely on calories but on the chemical reactions that occur in the body when food is consumed. " And my initial reaction of "junk science" is indeed confirmed. Please, tell me what are these magical chemical reactions that make you loose weight? I'm sure the magic pill companies would like to know about them, too.

This diet is nothing more than a starvation diet. You barely get around 500-700 calories a day IF that, so yeah, you'll lose weight because you're starving yourself. It will bounce back once you go to eating normally (and you'll probably gain a little bit more.)

I got a better diet. In the word of Michael Pollan: "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." And add exercise. Shockingly it works, it ISN'T junk science (like this BS), it's sustainable and it's HEALTHY.

I really wish people would stop posting destructive junk science like this.
  • georgebrown10
    georgebrown10 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Once you have followed this particular diet you become aware of what you eat daily. All the junk, sugar and sweets that are cut won't come back. Its brilliant and honestly works wonders.

The key is maintaining a balanced diet once the diet is over. Regardless of what diet you do, if you go back to your old eating habit you will gain weight.

This diet also tests your discipline, with all the temptations round you how will you cope?!? Give it a try
  • BARBIED0LL
    BARBIED0LL Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Once I read this: "4 week diet" I thought "scam/starvation diet/Junk science", reading further I read " This diet does not rely on calories but on the chemical reactions that occur in the body when food is consumed. " And my initial reaction of "junk science" is indeed confirmed. Please, tell me what are these magical chemical reactions that make you loose weight? I'm sure the magic pill companies would like to know about them, too.

This diet is nothing more than a starvation diet. You barely get around 500-700 calories a day IF that, so yeah, you'll lose weight because you're starving yourself. It will bounce back once you go to eating normally (and you'll probably gain a little bit more.)

I got a better diet. In the word of Michael Pollan: "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." And add exercise. Shockingly it works, it ISN'T junk science (like this BS), it's sustainable and it's HEALTHY.

Thank you!!!!!! She/he probably didn't know. This is an awful way to lose weight. Its a DIET, which is a short term solution to a long term problem. FEH!

I really wish people would stop posting destructive junk science like this.
    [/quote]
  • justleeanne
    justleeanne Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    You know something, I am sick and tired of reading comments like the above posts on these forums, I started my diet off using slim fast... another diet which gets majorly slagged off, however I slowly introduced meals and food and I have managed to maintain losing weight for around 5 months now and haven't gained weight once I stopped doing slim fast, it has helped me develop healthier habits and as time passes I will try to learn more and get better and better. Sometimes people NEED to have a kickstart with something strict to give them some sense of control over what they eat etc. You say this diet only gives people 500-700 calories a day, that is bull. On the days you can eat as much fruit and meat as you like believe me you can go way over that if you eat enough!!

Different things work for different people and just because this isn't YOUR idea of a perfect diet you shouldn't slate the original poster.

And Mrmence, thank you for sharing this!! :)
  • teens62
    teens62 Posts: 39
    Options
    I agree girly:explode:
  • teens62
    teens62 Posts: 39
    Options
    Good ol Meat and veg,, Ya cant beat it..
  • georgebrown10
    georgebrown10 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You know something, I am sick and tired of reading comments like the above posts on these forums, I started my diet off using slim fast... another diet which gets majorly slagged off, however I slowly introduced meals and food and I have managed to maintain losing weight for around 5 months now and haven't gained weight once I stopped doing slim fast, it has helped me develop healthier habits and as time passes I will try to learn more and get better and better. Sometimes people NEED to have a kickstart with something strict to give them some sense of control over what they eat etc. You say this diet only gives people 500-700 calories a day, that is bull. On the days you can eat as much fruit and meat as you like believe me you can go way over that if you eat enough!!

Different things work for different people and just because this isn't YOUR idea of a perfect diet you shouldn't slate the original poster.

And Mrmence, thank you for sharing this!! :)

You couldn't have said it any better!!! Negativity is the killer of all dreams!
  • mazzmoo
    mazzmoo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    bump - to read when I get home ;)
  • jayb0ne
    Options
    Meh. I always encourage people to try things out for themselves. If you think this could work for you, go for it and good for you for trying new things out for yourself!

As an example, I do a cheat day once a week where I purposely overeat in the belief (whether it be real or not) that I'm spiking my metabolism to maintain a steady burn for the following week. I didn't know for sure whether it would work or backfire and result in weight gain but the theory sounds solid and the only way I'll ever know for sure is by trying it out for myself!

This diet here, I personally don't have any faith in so I won't be trying it thanks. If you think the theory's sound and it could have good maintained results, check it out and report back how it worked out for you so we can all know a bit more!

Anyone can knock together a nutrition routine which will give you short term results. The only way we'll know for sure which ones have a manageable return is by people trying them and sharing how it worked for them.

So.... I'm not slagging it off, check it out if you want, seeing for yourself is actually the only way of being certain of anything.