A girl that LOVES to lift

Options
Hello there!
I am starting this introduction to try and find guys/girls that love to lift as much as I do. Possibly help one another share and learn new insights in the gym. Being a girl, it's REALLY hard to try and find a lifting partner that is also a girl.. but I'm trying this ole thing out and shall see what happens!
- Jess (:

Replies

• 4righteousnesssake
    4righteousnesssake Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I, too, share the love to lift! Haha
  • Deadlifting_Away_Doritos
    Options
    I love lifting heavy and often!
  • MotivatedPhysique
    MotivatedPhysique Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    There is nothing like picking up heavy stuff, love it.
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Yes, I love it. I have NO friends that lift. They are still cardio queens. But surprisingly, I'm seeing more and more women lifting and I love it!!!
  • Alendralouise
    Alendralouise Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I love it too! I'm an Olympic Weightlifter and thrive on the combined strength-technique challenge. Always looking for more serious lifters in my life! I'm in the UK :)
  • Dsnelz
    Dsnelz Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Just starting out but I LOVE it so far! Never thought lifting was really for women until I started doing it. Same problem though, I don't know anyone who really lifts!
  • glitterkelly
    glitterkelly Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I want to start lifting! I hear its the only way I'm ever going to have a butt :)
    I'm not sure if I should wait until I've achieved significant fat loss though?
  • allisonbrown1393
    allisonbrown1393 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get into lifting- just not quite sure how to do it safety lol!
  • SFarris829
    SFarris829 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've seen a lot of women lifting at the gym I go too! I try to get over to that section but there is usually a lot of guys and people a lot stronger then me so I feel intimidated. But i do like to left when my shyness doesn't get the best of me!
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I LOVE to lift too. Squats are my favorite!!
  • dermatome
    dermatome Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I want to start lifting! I hear its the only way I'm ever going to have a butt :)
    I'm not sure if I should wait until I've achieved significant fat loss though?

I have the same debate in my mind as well. I started to do body pump classes and I love it! Started to see a bit of definition in my arms, but I also wanted to lose 5-10 more lbs.
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Hello there!
    I am starting this introduction to try and find guys/girls that love to lift as much as I do. Possibly help one another share and learn new insights in the gym. Being a girl, it's REALLY hard to try and find a lifting partner that is also a girl.. but I'm trying this ole thing out and shall see what happens!
    - Jess (:

Just to add - you definitely don't have to lift with female only. I've had several male lifting partners - and it's been a great experience. :smile:
  • Barbell_Addict_
    Barbell_Addict_ Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hey! I have a female lifting partner and we know the struggle! So nice to find ladies not afraid to lift some heavy weight!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Get a male lifting partner.... Problem solved! There's very few girls I would train with - I don't feel confident in their ability to spot me, or push me to lift as heavy as I can.
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Added.
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Love lifting! I've seen my body transform since I started. I still am not to my goal, but on my way. Love learning from others that know more than I do as well as sharing what's working for me. Feel free to add me.