What should I eat for breakfast at Panera Bread Company?

Options
So, I am meeting a friend for breakfast in the morning at Panera Bread Company. What do you guys recommend I get for a healthy breakfast there? Thanks in advance for any advice!

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    I love Panera. How many calories do you have to spend?

I like the power breakfast sandwich EDIT: sub ham for the sausage!! (I prefer tomato basil bread), and ask them to add lettuce, tomato and onion. delish. 400-something.

If you don't want to spend that much, 1/2 a bagel with lite cream cheese (you can use just 1/2 oz. of that easy), and side of fruit.

MORE EDITING: or order a sesame bagel with egg, ham and veggies, no cheese. take off the top 1/2 of the bagel.

They have a SF vanilla latte.

Check their website for cals before you go.

blessings.
  • BeverageTreats
    BeverageTreats Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Breakfast power sandwich or strawberry granola parfait. Black drip coffee (or coffee with as low cal a mixer as you can tolerate).
  • jmgrcia
    jmgrcia Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    What is your diet plans. My understanding is that, it is ok to have carb in the morning. As long as the intake of carb is reduced through out the day the body won't store the carbs as fat when you sleep.

Im no expert. I would just avoid high fat and sodium. Fruits are always a good idea.

Hope that helps.

JMG
  • Brooke10786
    Brooke10786 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your response. I have 350-500 calories I can use on breakfast. I may have to try the power breakfast sandwich. I prefer ham over sausage anyways, so that sounds great!