Just getting started.

Options
Hello,
My name is Sheila & I have had several health issues within the past few yrs. where I had to take medications that caused much!! Weight gain. I just kinda ignored it, & then they put me on another medicine recently where I have gained weight again. So , I have started my journey to loose 75 lbs. I need all the encouragement I can get, I love fast food & I have 3 of my grand children that live with me who do as well...... It makes it so much easier on me, to just grab them something then prepare meals everyday.. Although I am doing much better , I have failed 2 out of 11 days. I have really beat myself up over it too. I need to loose weight for health issues, wish me luck!!

Replies

• dania201
    dania201 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Glad you're here! I get you on the fast food thing. But you have to find a way to change. For you kids if no one else! Good luck!
  • Tazzie0208
    Tazzie0208 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Well Sheila, welcome and WTG failing 2 days out of 11!! that's good!! MFP is the best community to join for support and advice. Feel free to add me as a friend, let's go on this journey and support e/o along with everyone else in the community!! Good luck!!
  • nevadavis1
    nevadavis1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm starting out too, but I hear you about the meds. Most of my weight gain was when I was on steroids for my lupus. Made me gain weight and feel hungry all the time. Now I have to do lots of hard work to take it off. I mean, I was gaining slowly as my metabolism went down before, but I blew up like a balloon on steroids. I'm just assuming at this point I'll have fail days. My husband likes to eat out now and then and that's going to be hard.