Vegan, vegetarian, and raw friends for motivational support!

Options
Well hello! I've been vegan for around 6 years now but pretty new to my fitness pal and motivated to lose those unwanted pounds! Feel free to add me and post here if you'd like new friends too!
Especially need to find more of you out there who follow a vegan, vegetarian, or raw food diet. It can be very helpful to look at others' food diaries for ideas or new things to try!!

Replies

• alexmackay42
    alexmackay42 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've been vegan for the past 5 months or so, and I'm new to MyFitnessPal too! I just went and bought my gym membership yesterday - I'm stoked :)
    Any tips for good on-the-go vegan food or smoothie recipes?
  • Drueru
    Drueru Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    ooh! I'm actually quite choked at the fruit restrictions on MyFitnessPal but the Vega line is great! Every morning I have a half scoop mixed with water and a banana. I find that the 'protein and greens' one to be my favorite so far. As far as 'on the go' foods go, thats a tough one for me too. When I'm on the run I like to make a half sandwich with sprouted grain bread and lettuce or cucumbers, sometimes 'Chao' brand "cheese". So good! I've been pre-making my lunches for work for a while now and that works out great. I'll make soup or salads and stick them in glass jars and bring them to work at the start of the week. So convenient!
  • olyamhc
    olyamhc Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm vegetarian for 7 years. I've been strict vegan for 3 of those years in the beginning. I was pretty hardcore, I have a lot of vegan theory and cooking books, etc. still. :)
  • willandjaye
    willandjaye Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm vegetarian mom (I don't drink milk but do eat eggs and cheese) and I'm always looking for plant based friends (especially those with open food diaries). I'm trying stop relying on faux meat as much and transition to a more plant based lifestyle.
  • mjffey
    mjffey Posts: 72 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hi. I'm vegan for quite some years. You can addme as friendif you want, so you can see my diary. I have only 5 pounds to go to goal, but struggle already for half a year to get those of. Anybody else who would like to be friends just let me know. I'm on here everyday.
  • JLP2017
    JLP2017 Posts: 2 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
  • leecha2014
    leecha2014 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! I've been vegan for 4 years, best decision. I'm stuck however and can't seem to lose any weight and it's driving me crazy. I eat mostly unprocessed and run 3x per week, my friends eat 2000 per day and are slim or losing weight, today the scale showed I gained. I'm so down. I appreciate any support xo
  • Drueru
    Options
    Hey leecha! I have the same issue, very disappointing. My naturopath instructed me to do a few things: protein at every meal/snack (cucumbers with hemp seeds is a fav of mine), eat every 3 hours, get lots of sleep, have my blood levels tested (important to ask for CBC, iron, iron binding (TIBC) + ferritin, TSH, free t3, free t4. Also, I didn't even know I had inflammation but starting taking curcurmin for a month and went down a few lbs! Something else she suggested was to take apple cider vinegar before meals (1/2 hour before with warm water) to start the digestion process. I'm slowly starting to lose weight which is incredibly difficult for me. I literally have to eat perfectly every day or I won't get anywhere.
    Good luck!
  • veggrrrl
    veggrrrl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been vegan for 6 years. I gained a bunch of weight because I eat out a lot since meeting my boyfriend. I've pretty much always exercised, but didn't for the majority of last year because we were going through some stuff. I love French fries, beer, and chocolate, but I just gave them up. I'd like to lose about 40 pounds.
  • mayafit405
    mayafit405 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Drueru wrote: »
    Well hello! I've been vegan for around 6 years now but pretty new to my fitness pal and motivated to lose those unwanted pounds! Feel free to add me and post here if you'd like new friends too!
    Especially need to find more of you out there who follow a vegan, vegetarian, or raw food diet. It can be very helpful to look at others' food diaries for ideas or new things to try!!

I'm transitioning back to Veganism :) I'll add you !
  • badgerface1k
    badgerface1k Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I don't think about vegetarianism as a definition of myself but I stopped eating meat and wearing leather after I moved near a cow farm. I don't think having meat is so important they would butcher an animal so graphically.
  • fleurholl
    fleurholl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm vegan too and I try to lose some weight. you can add me if you like :)
  • nikikeenan
    nikikeenan Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey I gave up all meat except the occasional fish and processed food for the past month. All whole foods so i basically cook all my own. I have a real sugar addiction also have not been eating cheese. I've lost 10lbs.. I workout 4 to 5 days a week.. I feel excited about my new regime. I decided with sugar and junk it's like 1 is too many 1000 is never enough. Once i start i camt moderate so 1 day at a time I've gone clean. Id love like minded friends. Pls friend me..for support ty
  • Michaelxo444
    Michaelxo444 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan for almost 3 years now feel free to add me
  • BreyondBlush
    BreyondBlush Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian as well and have been trying to lean more vegan. Feel free to add me as well :)
  • micheletruffle
    micheletruffle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello I am new here also a vegetarian, would love if you would add me as well
  • SABoj
    SABoj Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for 30+ years, and vegan for the last 10+. I enjoy experimenting with new foods & like Vega's products as supplement to my daily diet. Always looking for new recipes and ideas. Feel free to add me.
  • Drueru
    Options
    Thank you all! It's so great to have all this support! B)