lookin' for friends. be mine :)

Options
hi everyone!!

my name's alicia. i've been on MFP before... then fell off the wagon... but now i'm back.... i'm currently at my heaviest, and i've recognized that i need to be here. whereas my reasons for losing weight 14 mts ago were to look better, now my top reason for losing weight is to be HEALTHY. (although.. looking good is a close second!) i want to be comfortably active, i want to eat better, i want to feel less sleepy, i want my skin to look better, i want to ache less... the list goes on!!!

yet,i'm trying to remember that i can't put off LIVING until all this stuff becomes a reality..... as cheesy as it sounds, weight loss truly is a JOURNEY..... it's not going to happen overnight (as awesome as that would be!)... it happens while our LIVES keep moving forward... so i'm trying to stay positive throughout the journey; the weightloss is a goal/bonus/ultimate gift for living healthily i suppose!
xoxoxoxo all the best on YOUR journeys !!
please FRIEND ME if you want another friend to motivate and to be motivated by!!!! :D

Replies

• Lexino
    Lexino Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hello new friend! I love that we have the same mind set on this, I too want to feel/be healthy first, but lookin good will be great too!! :) I'm ready for this journey!
  • mjane48
    mjane48 Posts: 18
    Options
    lol hey girl! I just came back too- i have "fallen off" a few times & I have finally gotten to a place where I am able to be more patient about my results- I dont want to get frustrated after 2 weeks and then give up this time.... good luck & lets get to it!
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. Sounds like you're ready for a change.
  • verair
    verair Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    yet,i'm trying to remember that i can't put off LIVING until all this stuff becomes a reality..... as cheesy as it sounds, weight loss truly is a JOURNEY..... it's not going to happen overnight (as awesome as that would be!)... it happens while our LIVES keep moving forward...

Wow That really hit me hard... I took a year off from school while all my friends went away to college and now it's about time for me to start school and I'm nowhere near where I want to be.... but I have to keep living.
  • skyisthelimit25
    Options
    thanks, ladies, for your kind words and comments! wishing you so much success! xo
  • ams3286
    ams3286 Posts: 8
    Options
    Wow i swear reading this i thought i was reading somthing that i had wrote! we have so much in common are thinking is on the same track and everything .... I just started here a few days and could/ need supporters motivators and some really nice friend! add me if you would like some one like you :)