New to this

Options
My name is lexie and today was my first time ever counting calories ! I feel like i did really good but with 80lbs to lose i think i need to get better with the exercise but i guess one thing at a time right :)

Replies

• i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    Hi Lexie,

Nice to meet you and feel free to add me as a friend if you want :)

I have been losing weight through practically only cutting calories (not exercising), and it has been working well so far...so if you have difficulty working out, don't lose hope!!

Good luck :)

ps: I LOVE your username. I LOVE maids :D
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Counting calories takes some getting used to. Move into exercise as soon as you wish or not for a while. Be easy on yourself. Change is hard. I'd try counting calories for three weeks or so and then add something else if you feel you can.
  • dezcalouette
    dezcalouette Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    hey lexie! welcome to MFP! it really is a fantastic tool with a great built-in support system. i fall more in love with it every day & i'm constantly learning new things from other members.

feel free to add me as a friend! i'm always looking to expand my little 'community' on here :)
  • truevalentine
    Options
    Go Lexie!
    You can do it, counting calories can be kind of a pain, but the more accurate you are with it the better off you will be in your goals. Food really is a HUGE part of losing weight, now if only I could consistently get my own eating under control ;0)
  • Maid4richie
    Maid4richie Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for al lyour kinds movtivating words ;) i am excited to see how this goes i am loving it so far