Why did I do it?

Options
Ok, So I stood on the scale at work and it showed a 0.1 weight gain. So I got discouraged and went in the back and ate a lemon bar. Put me over my calories by 97. I was starving at the time to so it made it that much more easier to cheat. I am so upset that I got upset over a 0.1 gain. 0.1 is NOTHING!!!!!!!!!
Oh well maybe tomorrow will be better.

Replies

• Jamazurunner
    Jamazurunner Posts: 132
    Options
    We all go through this- you aren't the only one.

Sometimes what the scale says can absolutely ruin my day. Its unnecessary and ridiculous to allow a number to influence our day. You have to take a deep breath and be positive. As you said, tomorrow will be better. Don't let the scale discourage you, it is not worth it!

Fingers crossed for a better day- you are not super human, none of us are!

Jam
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Of course it will be!
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    It's okay, we all make mistakes :) Just don't get so discouraged next time! I have 2 pound weight gains on some days and it's all water weight or food in my tummy lol Sodium makes you retain water and I've read your weight can actually fluctuate up or down by 5lbs during the day depending on bodily waste, water retention, food, etc. :)
  • NikkisNewStart
    NikkisNewStart Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Don't let food control your emotions... are you really getting upset over 97 calories? You still ate at a deficit to warrant a loss, I'm sure. And if you are truly hungry- by all means- EAT. If you get in the mindset that you "can't" eat or that going over is the end of the world... this process can become something you resent.

Some days will be better than others- that's life... don't let it get you down and for goodness sakes- don't invest any more of your precious emotions worrying over food! It doesn't care about you back!!!
  • arlingtonangel
    arlingtonangel Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Ok, So I stood on the scale at work and it showed a 0.1 weight gain. So I got discouraged and went in the back and ate a lemon bar. Put me over my calories by 97. I was starving at the time to so it made it that much more easier to cheat. I am so upset that I got upset over a 0.1 gain. 0.1 is NOTHING!!!!!!!!!
    Oh well maybe tomorrow will be better.

I totally understand. i have done this before. Just know that tomorrow is another day. If you feel that bad, deduct 97 calories for tomorrows food budget, or work out for an extra few minutes, This is not a setback.

BTW remember that our weight can fluctuate 5lbs a day depending on when you weighed yourself. You may not have gained at all. I always weigh myself first thing in the AM. This is the most accurate time to weigh.
  • westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    ...and for goodness sakes- don't invest any more of your precious emotions worrying over food! It doesn't care about you back!!!
    :heart: this.
  • jhuntl01
    jhuntl01 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ok let me tell you how I have been getting through the weight fluctuations. In the past my reaction was always to feel defeated when my weight went up even .1 on the scale, it would often cause me to have the thought that the day is already ruined and therefor what is one extra snack...now I have found my strength in God, He is my rock. I have been working at this for three weeks now and believe me I have had my share of weight fluctuations, but I have vowed that I will praise God in the good times and bad, so every time I go to weigh myself I say, "Ok God whatever it says, we both know I have been doing the right things," then after I weigh myself I make a point whether my weight was up or down that thank God (and mean it). It makes my day brighter and reminds me that I have true power on my side!
  • audweaver
    audweaver Posts: 23
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I am actually scared to weigh myself for this reason! Its hard to break those habits and easier to just indulge so any gain when I feel like I am doing well is so upsetting. Remember tomorrow is a new day!
  • Blahrina
    Blahrina Posts: 10
    Options
    this has been a great thread esp the suggestion that we don't have to let food rule our emotions and mood!