Hogwarts Weight Loss Challenge [Term 14] - 8 Week Challenge

Options
Kisame29
Kisame29 Posts: 9,579 Member
edited March 2017 in Challenges
HRS1lEw.gif

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry is approaching our 14th term and we're opening up the application to anyone would like to apply :)

First, some information about what to expect from your term at Hogwarts:

Basics:
  • It is an 8 week challenge that will run from Monday, April 3rd (with starting weigh-in on March 31st through April 2nd) through Sunday, May 28th. Time to get ready for summer!
  • The term will be themed around the 6th Harry Potter book - Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
  • We have a variety of challenges including food/dietary challenges (Potions), trivia (Defense Against the Dark Arts), and physical challenges (Quidditch), as well as other challenges including some based around the term's theme.
  • All players will be sorted into houses. These are your teams - look to each other for advice, support, and motivation.
  • Each week, players will weigh themselves on either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday (EST). Weight loss will be totaled up (not by pounds lost, but by percentage, similar to the Muggle television show Biggest Loser) for each house.
  • Houses will be awarded house points based on challenges completed each week.
  • The House Cup will be awarded to the house with the most points at the end of the term!

For those interested in enrolling in Hogwarts, here is the application form for you to complete: https://hogwartsmfp.typeform.com/to/ijSom2
-If you have trouble submitting the typeform, feel free to PM me your answers and I will submit them for you!

We encourage you to submit your application as early as possible to ensure you don't miss out on a place at the school. In order to maintain a similar number of students in each house, students may be invited to join houses other than their first choice. If you list a dealbreaker house (or indicate that you only want your first choice), that will be respected, but you will be less likely to get a place at Hogwarts due to space availability. Please be assured that if we are unable to sort you into a house at this stage, we will place you on the wait list for any openings that arise throughout the term.

Once you have been accepted, a prefect will contact you and you will receive an invitation to the School group and your House Common Room here on MFP. Acceptance owls (as well as Wait List owls) are planned to be sent out around ~3/28 (shortly before term will begin). If you are worried about whether your application was received before than, feel free to send me a PM and I can confirm if it was received. You may submit an application using the typeform during
--If you see this thread after the challenge has begun and want to apply, you may use the typeform application since it will place you on the wait list (although please PM @Kisame29 to be added to the wait list if it has been than one month since this post).

Hogwarts is an equal opportunity school and has openings available for people with all levels of ability, as well as places for students who are maintaining or gaining weight. There are always modifications allowed on the main tasks to allow students of all fitness levels participate.

Questions may be posted here. I hope to see many of you join us at Hogwarts :)

Sincerely yours,
Kisame29 (Hogwarts Headgirl)

Replies

• TrkyVic0327
    TrkyVic0327 Posts: 1,964 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo! Excited to hopefully join this challenge this term! Completed typeform, and can't wait for it to start!
  • mehlerscasada
    mehlerscasada Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hopefully I'll be able to join this challenge too! The typeform is completed. :) Thanks for the opportunity!
  • Lin20281
    Lin20281 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Sent in my application. Hope I can go! That would be fun.
  • amenok
    amenok Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Ohh this is exciting :D I can't wait to try this
  • momopeach32
    momopeach32 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Hopefully I'll be able to join and contribute to whatever team I'm put on!
    (Hopefully Hufflepuff, not Slytherin!)
  • fitphoenix
    fitphoenix Posts: 9,673 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • madelinecamille
    madelinecamille Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Hi! I filled out the form for the waiting list a while ago. Should I re-do it?
  • Supercatie80
    Supercatie80 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Hi! I filled out the form for the waiting list a while ago. Should I re-do it?

Nope. No need to re-do it. I checked the list and can confirm that we received your application. We're still setting up things at the castle but owls should start to fly sometime next week.
  • ewatson94
    ewatson94 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for doing this again! I know it must take a lot of time and effort, but it's very much appreciated!
  • karinidowu
    karinidowu Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Ready excited to be back with you all!
  • the_lovelydove
    the_lovelydove Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This looks awesome!
  • The313
    The313 Posts: 3,145 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
  • This_is_my_skin
    This_is_my_skin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Im so excited!
  • Kisame29
    Kisame29 Posts: 9,579 Member
    Options
    If you're interested, please submit your application asap :)

We are planning to send out owls (PMs) likely on Tuesday, March 28th! If you are worried about your application being received, feel free to send me a PM.
  • bionerdgirl
    bionerdgirl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Application sent! Anxiously awaiting my owl!
    This is great that you put this together, in hopes this will help me stick to my fitness goals :)
  • iZombieGurl
    iZombieGurl Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hoping I'm able to get into Slytherin :)
    lxeowblvuhvk.jpg
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,932 Member
    Options
    Love love this challenge!!!!!!!!
  • lanb2736
    lanb2736 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Love this! Hope I am in!
  • cracho
    cracho Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I hope I can join. This sounds like a blast!!
  • MythicalHeather
    MythicalHeather Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Submitted my application! Hoping to be able to join!

giphy.gif