soul cycle - calories burned

Options
hi everyone -
i take soul cycle classes (they are spin classes but a specific brand) and i feel like i must burn more calories in the 45 minute class than the 298 allotted by the exercise tracker in this app. What do you think? Am I wrong? Is there a way around this? I don't have a tracker.
Thank you.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I always wish I was burning more calories than I actually am too....
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    It really depends. On your gender, weight, exertion. If its constant motion or continual stop/start. But in general, we often don't burn as much as we'd like to think...
  • ehb229
    ehb229 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    yes, it would be nice to see 1000!
  • alixturoffnutrition
    Options
    I've worn my heart rate monitor in soulcycle classes before to compare it other exercises. i honestly burned at most 320 calories in the HARDEST classes though I am extremely active. Because you use so little resistance, you're really not burning as many calories as they say. The room is so hot that sometimes it feels that way though
  • ItsNotLost23
    ItsNotLost23 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    find you an instructor that makes you turn up the resistance! i can recommend you a few in nyc
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    For a 49 year old female with 3 pounds left to lose? I'd say its more likely high than low.

Sorry, I know it sucks.

BUT! We could always be wrong. Weigh and track everything you eat. Log your exercise... If you lose faster than you expect, than you're burning more than you are logging and vice versa.