Workout videos?

Options
Does anyone else get really annoyed while watching workout videos? There's something about someone being cheerful and optimistic while I'm sweating my *kitten* off that drives me crazy. This is pretty much the only way I can think of to get some exercise (crappy neighbourhood, no gym nearby) and I hate it.

Replies

• fireflyangel22
    fireflyangel22 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    it is annoying, so after I watch it the first time and know the routine, I turn the volume down on the video and turn it up on my stereo, so I don't have to pay as much attention, but can still follow the routines.
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    maybe you just need some different kinf of workout video. not so much the joyful, cheering instructors but someone who will really kick your butt, kind of drill sergeant. LOL
  • theSidekicks
    theSidekicks Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks, muting her might be a good idea.

haha I definitely could use a drill sergeant.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    maybe you just need some different kinf of workout video. not so much the joyful, cheering instructors but someone who will really kick your butt, kind of drill sergeant. LOL

True! There's always Jillian Michaels... But there's also a ton of other "drill sergeant" instructors out there. I'm not really sure of any names though, because I prefer the cheery ones! Lol.
  • SKP1986
    SKP1986 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    it is annoying, so after I watch it the first time and know the routine, I turn the volume down on the video and turn it up on my stereo, so I don't have to pay as much attention, but can still follow the routines.

This is a brilliant idea. I'm getting ready to start 30 Day Shred and not a huge Jillian fan, though I have been told doing her workouts will convert me.... we'll see, so I may have to do this xD
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    What workout are you doing? I've done full rounds of Insanity, P90X, and ChaLEAN Extreme and various workouts of Turbo Jam, Hip Hop Abs, Power 90, Yoga Booty Ballet, and Slim in 6 and really haven't encountered that problem. I think finding a "trainer" that you can work out with is important, especially since you need to do it at home. :)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options

Same! Also, maybe try a different person. Like Tae Bo videos, or Jillian Michaels. Not quite as peppy...a little more bossy. haha
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I love/hate Jillian! And I'm not a "work-out video" person. The 30DS is short and intense (20 minutes), so you sweat, but the madness ends quickly. Also, you can play it with or without commentary from Jillian....
    Good Luck to you!
  • Shantre
    Shantre Posts: 66 Member
    Options

Such a great idea!