Should I aim for the workout to be long, or intense?

Options
dddttt
dddttt Posts: 39 Member
Hey guys, what's more effective for weight loss? A long (1,5h), steady workout or a shorter (30 mins), more intense one?
I'm doing a HIIT every once in a while too, but I wanna make the best out of the "rest days" :)

Replies

• joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I would say the longer you go in your "fat burning" HRM range the better.
  • I_Believe_22
    Options
    Circuit workouts for 30mins are great, 10 minutes on a stair machine will do some good, but don't forget to lift weights... if you don't you will have loose skin! And weak muscles.
  • sdsmart
    sdsmart Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I would mix it up. Do twice a week intense and twice a week long. The more you keep your body guessing the better your results will be!
  • nmescalera
    nmescalera Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I would say the longer you go in your "fat burning" HRM range the better.

what he said.................
  • dddttt
    dddttt Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    All right! Thanks for the answers! :)
  • tullylish54
    Options
    yes agree with all above -long is best tho' careful not to start intense for long as that can lead to soreness in next few days and put you off doing it again....mix and match and remember to use the weights slowly to tone muscles:smile:
  • N_BEAST_MODE_24_7
    N_BEAST_MODE_24_7 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I would say intense. You can get a good workout in 45 mins to an hour. If you are lifting weights cut your rest time between set to 10-15 seconds max, this will stress your muscles more and will make them heal/grow faster and in the long run. If you are doing cardio its the same rule, 45-60 min max. Your body starts to burn fat at the 20 min mark, anything over 60 you will start to burn muscle, which isn't good. To each its own, but if you want to know more just hit me up if you like...good luck!
  • N_BEAST_MODE_24_7
    N_BEAST_MODE_24_7 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I 4got to add that in my comment that you would cut your rest time 10-15 seconds if you are trying to be ripp. If you want mass, then go heavy on the weights with short reps (6-8), rest for 60 seconds and then hit it again. Do cardio 2-3 times a week for mass, if you trying to lose weight or ripp, do cardio 5-6 times a week. It all depends on your goal, whatever it is, GO HARD!!