Just getting started...

Options
Hi everyone,

I started this program on the 18th and have lost 4 lbs already. I am very excited and feeling pretty motivated so far. I realized I won't lose this much every week but I hope to keep it to at least 1 lb every week. I have not started an exercise plan as of yet. I have just started trying to get used to going to bed hungry. How long before that goes away I wonder? Good luck to everyone, keep the faith!

Replies

• lbgano
    lbgano Posts: 234
    Options
    Hi Jones!
    I think that the key to not going to bed hungry is to start to exercise! That way the number of calories you can eat increases when you add your exercise to the exercise log. Having an extra 200-300 calories from exercising REALLY helps the hungries! Also, my advice is to make sure that your foods have a lot of fiber in them - it helps fill you up.
    Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend!
  • eorourke23
    eorourke23 Posts: 56
    Options
    welcome to mfp, you will love it, add me if you like :happy:
  • anu_6986
    anu_6986 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou: you are gonna love it here! :)

To answer your question, one thing is to start exercising so that you can eat more.
    second is the kind of food you choose, slowly you will be able to recognize calorie dense foods from the non dense ones. Load up on those low calorie ones and you will not be hungry. Include lots of fresh fruits and veggies.
    Also drink loads of water, that helps too.
  • honeyX0
    honeyX0 Posts: 26
    Options
    I'd say save some calories so that you can have a small snack before bed, I am no expert but I have lost 25 lbs in two months and there have been nights that I had a bowl of popcorn before bed or a piece of fruit or a yogurt cup- a healthy choice, it won't stop you from losing.
  • Diana35bha
    Diana35bha Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I'd certainly save some calories if you get hungry before bedtime and have a piece of fruit for example. I don't always have a night snack now as I'm not always hungry - not sure what's changed but it's good!!

Add me if you like

Good Luck
    Di :smile: