3rd time's a charm. No wait 4th time. Crap, I meant 5th time.

mjc718
mjc718 Posts: 15 Member
edited March 2017 in Introduce Yourself
I have used MFP on and off for a long time, but I pretty much ignored the message board section. Food logging and weight tracking was all that concerned me. I have been ultra successful on LCHF with and without fasting at least 3 times (okay probably 4, would you believe 5?), but each time I end up becoming consumed by stupid and convince myself I could go off plan for just one meal or just one snack. Disaster would always ensue. Like an alcoholic deciding he can have just one drink or my wife deciding to buy just one pair of shoes (oh crap did I type that out loud?). Then over the next 6 months or so I would gain back all I lost and then some. And that "then some" pushed me from fat to how the hell did I let this happen to me!? I have the knowledge, I have the ability, I have the experience, and I have the desire. I just need the mental fortitude to make this a lifelong change. A lifelong change without cheating. Ever. For anyone reason. No matter what. Not even once. I am a classic sugar addict and carboholic, and I am (curse curse) sick of it. Really (curse curse) sick of it. Time once again to burn off the fat. Only this time it is going to be permanent.

Why I am on the message board this time around I do not know. Could not sleep, decided to do something productive I guess. Unlike some others I am not lacking in support, I have the means to eat LCHF without issue, I am a meal planner that loves to cook, I have read several books and watched every single video on Diet Doctor like 3 times, and in all aspects of my life except body fat I am a pretty strong willed and successful person. In fact my life is pretty great as long as I don't look in the mirror, have to attend a meeting in a room with an undersized chair with arms, or need to clip my own toenails. But B+ is just not cutting it anymore, I want the solid A life that I know I can have. So perhaps I am here for both immersion onto the LCHF culture and to seek out some kind of accountability that perhaps was lacking in my prior attempts.

Anyway that's me. Time to go join some LCHF groups.

Replies

• rouhnaz
    rouhnaz Posts: 62 Member
    Hey there! I understand what you're going through. I'm in a similar place. I have the knowledge and desire (and in addition to Diet Doctor, I've spent countless hours on every intermittent fasting website/YouTube channel/book I can find). I've lost and gained over and over (5 times at minimum! Probably more like 6? 7? I lost track.)

So here's to another go!
    Best of luck to us.
  • xSkinnyMinnyx
    xSkinnyMinnyx Posts: 70 Member
    edited March 2017
    Same here, I lost 5st then thought oh I look/feel great, so stopped coming on here and logging etc
    Never used the community before but need all the help I can get as 4.5 of that 5st has come back to bite me on my *kitten*!!
  • mjc718
    mjc718 Posts: 15 Member
    Thanks for the welcome! I am already rocking this weight loss thing. Started out a week ago at 480 lbs and was 457 lbs this morning. I spent my first two days fasting (48 hours straight) and then just ate one low carb high fat meal a day for 4 days in a row. I am going to continue that trend weekly for the time being.