50 or over? Let's be friends, please :)

Options
I welcome friend requests from ANYONE, actually, but if you're 50 or over, like me, I'd especially like to connect! :)

Replies

• iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    definitely in the over-50 range, although my brain cell sometimes still needs convincing
  • Jagritiruparel
    Jagritiruparel Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Happy Spring...starting a new regime this Spring. Hope can keep it up.
  • hlmd2
    hlmd2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just turned 51, and feeling better than ever .
  • sharonandwyatt
    sharonandwyatt Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm over 50 add me :)
  • Wii_Player
    Wii_Player Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me also :smile:
  • Pooshka2
    Pooshka2 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    61 here!
  • austcowboy85
    austcowboy85 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 63 and restarting - I lost 75 lbs three years ago and gained it all back from stress of my husbands illness - now my blood pressure is back and the weight must go forever - losing I can do I hope - maintanence is my main concern - last time I threw all my fat clothes away. - Apparantly that's not smart idea
  • newgirl57
    newgirl57 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    It used to bother me to tell people my age, but now that I am on my weight loss journey with all you good people, I'm proud to say I am 59 and still kickin it! Add me too!
  • DJ552016
    DJ552016 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I am going to be 62 in May. I have been on this since Junev and have lost 63 lbs. I want to lose 30 more. Sounds better than knee replacement in both knees.
  • DavidVXR
    DavidVXR Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'll be 53 next week and wonder where the last 30 year went. I've am open diary and post stuff every now and then. I can't say my thoughts are better, bolder or even practical but feel free to add me.
  • RonYoung2017
    RonYoung2017 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Only 48 here but when I climbed onto a treadmill for the first time in my life 7 days ago I felt like I was 87 yrs old...Does that count? Feel free to add me.
  • swill153
    swill153 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Soon to be 60 in April. Retired 6 months ago and looking to kick off my new life first with health and some level of fitness. Too many years in a stressful job, most of it behind a desk. Joined a pre diabetes group of 5 people and coach as well as activated a YMCA membership. The exercising is going ok...the weight loss is NOT!!! Ugh. Can't seem to shed pounds consistently. Since end of Jan., am down only about 6 pounds.
  • swill153
    swill153 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My new mantra, related to my post above is "SLOW AND STEADY WINS THE RACE". I will cross the finish line....someday...in my own sweet time...and so will of us in this group. It's just a slower race when over 50!
  • LeslieW77
    LeslieW77 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm 58, and while reasonably healthy, had to have my gallbladder removed in February. The very limited eating I had to do for 3 weeks prior to it (after an attack) and the gradual reintroduction of foods has left me 18 lbs lighter, with 22 to go, but now I'm struggling with re-learning how my body reacts to different foods, trying to get my strength and energy back where it should be. I'll get there, though, and am grateful to have had such a good recovery! Feel free to add me.
  • JewRob63
    JewRob63 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 been a steady work out person for 5 years now. Down to 170 need 5 more for goal. The belly fat is the goal for me now.
  • Wickedwitch2017
    Wickedwitch2017 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    51, but felt much older two months ago when I started here...getting younger every day :) you can add me too
  • Lindaendall
    Lindaendall Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I am 63 and restarting - I lost 75 lbs three years ago and gained it all back from stress of my husbands illness - now my blood pressure is back and the weight must go forever - losing I can do I hope - maintanence is my main concern - last time I threw all my fat clothes away. - Apparantly that's not smart idea
    Oh dear - I feel your pain. I am 64 and lost 41lb 3 years ago, I have regained half of that and I am just in the process of getting it off again (lost 4lb last week). I also threw all my fat clothes away but got to say I'm glad I did as the motivation for me to get the fat off was I got fed up of wearing the same items of clothes and absolutely refused to buy more fat clothes. I'll send you a request if that ok, we can support each other in our restart. BTW, i'm from South Yorkshire in UK.

Linda
  • Lindaendall
    Lindaendall Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I've been on MFP almost 5 years and know it is the only way that works for me. I'm 64 and from the UK. I'll send you a request

Linda
  • awinner_au
    awinner_au Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    JewRob63 wrote: »
    I'm 53 been a steady work out person for 5 years now. Down to 170 need 5 more for goal. The belly fat is the goal for me now.

Im 56, been well below goal verging on underweight in an attempt to loose that belly fat, for me its very hard to shake, I can be lean everywhere else but there.
  • Randal3120
    Randal3120 Posts: 8 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'm 58, at 219 now, down 11 pounds from where I started. Please add me or any idea's of how to loose about 40 more lbs. I've been on MFP for about a month now.