Vegetarian/Vegan Friends

Options
13»

Replies

• lizgonzalez0309
    lizgonzalez0309 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! I been a vegan since April last year due to health issues... I am also a type 2 diabetic. I am always looking to make new friends and learn new tips!
  • PartyKardy
    PartyKardy Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hey! I've been vegan for over a year and LOVEEE ITTT haha I post basically everyday! Anyone feel free to add
  • Lavelle1980
    Lavelle1980 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Need some help with nutrition. Tried Tofu and didn't do well. I don't digest legumes well. Quinoa is great, but need other options for protein.
  • Okohme
    Okohme Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Need some help with nutrition. Tried Tofu and didn't do well. I don't digest legumes well. Quinoa is great, but need other options for protein.

What all have you tried in the realm of legumes, there's quite a lot of variation. Oatmeal is not bad for protein, if you're strength training you may need another source, but for normal people its got a good amount.
  • ravanhorn
    ravanhorn Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm a vegetarian for about twenty years, but I still struggle with getting enough protein. I'm not a fan of mushrooms and that is a lot of recipes. I just had my third baby and in my thirties. I need some help loosing the weight. Lots of people say they breastfeed and the weight just falls off. Not me! I gain weight. I'm trying to eat healthy for the baby, but it is so easy to eat processed foods or sugary snacks. Any help, please let me know. I'm the only vegetarian in my house. My husband and four year old are not. My two year old loves cheese and yogurt and could care less about meat or eggs. Him and I need some healthy choices, and I need some motivation, please.
  • AZIZAELLAZIZA
    AZIZAELLAZIZA Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Me, me, me !!!!!!!!!! <3
  • valdilda
    valdilda Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, due to health issues I finally transitioned to a vegan diet so feel free to add me ^^
  • lickpicklestick
    lickpicklestick Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I am new to here. I am vegan and have found due to past ill health, carbs to be a bit of a pitfall, now back to better health I am trying to get back to better fitness and shift the weight I have gained :/ Eating enough protein is definitely something I struggle with. Feel free to add me, hoping to find some like minded people here also.
  • HappinessFreedomForever
    Options
    nm212 wrote: »
    What are some good egg substitutes? For vegan? I just got sick of eating bread or granola every morning. Oatmeal is good but not used to eating so many grains. I try smoothie but it doesn't fill me up.
    Tofu and hempfu are good substitutes for making scrambles (you might want to add turmeric, black salt, and vegan egg yolk to it), but the best one is Follow Your Heart's egg substitute to make omelets, scrambles, pretty much anything egg-related!
  • Andie79
    Andie79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm mostly whole foods/ plant based thanks to Rip Esselstyns books along with some others. I'm more of a non-dairy pescatarian though. Fish about once a week and always when we go out
  • nm212
    nm212 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    What are some good egg substitutes? For vegan? I just got sick of eating bread or granola every morning. Oatmeal is good but not used to eating so many grains. I try smoothie but it doesn't fill me up.
    Tofu and hempfu are good substitutes for making scrambles (you might want to add turmeric, black salt, and vegan egg yolk to it), but the best one is Follow Your Heart's egg substitute to make omelets, scrambles, pretty much anything egg-related!

Thanks! I will try to find Follow your heart egg substitute!
  • nm212
    Options
    Andie79 wrote: »
    I'm mostly whole foods/ plant based thanks to Rip Esselstyns books along with some others. I'm more of a non-dairy pescatarian though. Fish about once a week and always when we go out

That's cool. I may have fish once in a while too. I'm still weening myself off of cheese...but have definitely cut back ALOT. I'm a little more flexible with my diet and I'm trying to be mostly plant based too. So far, I haven't had any fish but I've thought about salmon a couple of times. Anybody Veggie-based is awesome in my book! I don't like labels.
  • nm212
    Options
    Lunch ideas??
  • nm212
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Everyone is having pizza today in the office :( I don't even want it though. Last time I had cheese pizza, I got a really bad stomach ache...not to mention the guilt . Ughhh... guess I will venture out to the deli and try to find something vegan friendly
  • Drueru
    Drueru Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Everyone is having pizza today in the office :( I don't even want it though. Last time I had cheese pizza, I got a really bad stomach ache...not to mention the guilt . Ughhh... guess I will venture out to the deli and try to find something vegan friendly

Yes!! Good for you!
  • kimannschmid
    kimannschmid Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new to MFP and have been whole foods, plant based for about a year. Would love to have some friends on here for motivation and support :)
  • nm212
    Options
    Drueru wrote: »

Yes!! Good for you!

• nm212
    Options
    What are your stats? Like how much protein, fat, carbs do you guys aim for? I'm all confused since transitioning to vegan.... not sure I am getting enough protein. That seems to be a common concern. Or any books you guys recommend?
  • nevadavis1
    nevadavis1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'm a long-time vegan but having health issues and need to lose some weight. Feel free to add me if you like!
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I recently switched to a whole food vegan lifestyle. Absolutely loving it so far! Please add me if you would like :)