Advice on food choices at an indian restaurant!!

Options
chelle2u
chelle2u Posts: 23 Member
Hi
I am going to an indian restaurant tonight and I am really looking forward to it and feel as tho I can remain in control and make wiser choices BUT i am just wondering what those wiser choices are please?!!!

I am also going to go for a swim before I go so it gives me extra calories!!

Thanks in advance

Michelle

Replies

• gayatripratap
    Options
    Tandoori chicken. Rotis or Nan (sans butter)... Stay away from white rice... (Calories)..
  • cutelashawn
    cutelashawn Posts: 182
    Options
    yea Tandori chicken, or chicken tikka massala but tell them to put the sauce on the side and u can lightly dip your chicken in the yummy masala sauce. If they have whole wheat naan bread go for that option and the cucumber sauce to dip....wow, now im craving Indian food too...lol
  • Piglet_26
    Piglet_26 Posts: 104
    Options
    I had this same issue earlier in the week and it was actually easier than i thought.......I had

Murgh Gulshan......similar to tandoori chicken, has no creamy sauce with those pesky calories hiding in it.

Chapati without Gee.......so much better than naan

Bombay potatoes (2 table spoons).........tasty and not so high in calories.

I cut out all popadoms and beer......replaced with Gin and bitter lemon and water :)

all together came to about 540 calories which wasnt anywhere near as bad as i thought it might be.......and i had left over calories :)

Also the big bonus was for once I actually came out of the restaurant not feeling all horridly bloated and that was an amazing feeling :)
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I love Indian!! yum yum yum!! I think Id just work out and earn some extra calories or maybe just work extra hard all week and enjoy lovely yummy Indian regardless.
  • tahirasahar
    tahirasahar Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Go for chicken tikka that is charcoaled well. Go for half a bread (naan or roti) as u wouldnt wany to miss on the falvours after all u also want to enjoy the food. Avoid rice dishes and creamy dushes like Malai Boti, Chicken Malai Tikka, palak paneer, shaahi paneer etc. Its better to ask your waiter about the level of oil (or ghee) and cream / paneer (cottage cheese) used.

Enjoy the food :)
  • chelle2u
    chelle2u Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone - good tips, I am now going to go online and choose from the menu so I know before I get there and don't give in to temptation!!! Though I am pretty stubborn that at the moment I am not going to give in as i have been up and down between 3lb for ages I am now just out of the pesky 3lbs that I kept putting on and taking off!! So am pleased and more determined than ever!!!