TLS /BBBC

Options
Journaling is one of the best tools you can use to achieve your weight loss/ health goals.
Remember to eat every 3-4 hours, eat plenty of vegetables and add protein to all your meals. Don't forget to drink at least 6 glasses of water a day, not counting what you drink while working out.

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Oh, how I love the success that happened once I stopped listening to all kinds of garbage advice.
    zyxst wrote: »
    Came to find out what TLS/BBBC means. Learned nothing.

I'm not a morning person, so thanks for saying what I was thinking in a more civilized tone than I would have been able to muster.

ETA I googled "TLS /BBBC" and all I got was this thread.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Oh, how I love the success that happened once I stopped listening to all kinds of garbage advice.

I'm not a morning person, so thanks for saying what I was thinking in a more civilized tone than I would have been able to muster.

My brain went to smut writing tags.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

My brain went to smut writing tags.

IKR?
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    TLS
    Times Literary Supplement
    Thread Local Storage
    Toulouse France airport code
    Thermal Laser Stimulation
    Transformed Least Squares
    Transport Layer Security

BBBC
    Bromley by Bow Centre
    Brass Band of Battle Creek
    Bible Believing Baptist Church
    Black Billionaire Boys Club

I got nothin'.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Some of those things are similar to what I do -- I like to have a decent amount of protein and lots of vegetables with every meal, if possible. Eating every 3-5 hours would drive me crazy, though, and I didn't do it. I eat 3 meals a day. (I also eat dinner really late.) I always drink lots of water and always have (especially when trying to cut down on coffee, which I drink too much of), but I never counted how much and that too would drive me crazy.

The great thing is that rather than following rules which might seem too restrictive, people can figure out what works for them to create a way of eating that is enjoyable and satisfying and also results in a calorie deficit!
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    How would you suggest someone that spends a good majority of the working day in a lab (or other place where you can't eat) to eat every three hours. I eat when I can take a break that works just fine for me and means there is a gap of 7 hours sometimes with no eating between lunch and dinner (shock horror! :o ). It hasn't affected my ability to lose weight.

If this works for you than great stick to it, but it may not work for others.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    Duchy82 wrote: »
    How would you suggest someone that spends a good majority of the working day in a lab (or other place where you can't eat) to eat every three hours. I eat when I can take a break that works just fine for me and means there is a gap of 7 hours sometimes with no eating between lunch and dinner (shock horror! :o ). It hasn't affected my ability to lose weight.

Do you have coworkers who smoke and are they also expected to go 7 hours between smoke breaks? If not, similarly to a smoker going outside to smoke, you can go outside to eat.

For the one office job I've had where we couldn't eat at our desks, if I wanted a snack I'd have something high calorie and fast like nuts.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Do you have coworkers who smoke and are they also expected to go 7 hours between smoke breaks? If not, similarly to a smoker going outside to smoke, you can go outside to eat.

For the one office job I've had where we couldn't eat at our desks, if I wanted a snack I'd have something high calorie and fast like nuts.

Hahahahaha. I work in healthcare and my "required" 30 minute lunch is hardly honored much less a break to go eat snacks every 3 hours.

With that said, it has never affected my maintenance plan so I'm not complaining. I just find it impossible that this would ever be honored.

STILL want to know what that acronym means, even though I doubt it will be life altering.
  • Duchy82
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

I do, they tend to smoke in their breaks as is expected. The reality is I'm not bothered by not eating for 7 hours straight this is where a good solid lunch comes into play. Typically I won't get hungry either until the end of the day, then I drive home for an hour and cook my dinner ergo 7 hours have passed. Off course there are days I am hungry but I just deal with that until I can eat.

I have never gone for a diet that prescribes set intervals for eating as my work has never enabled me to do that like I said if those things work for you great but it wouldn't work for me. As @kk_inprogress there are days where I just don't get a chance to eat at regular times (or time to eat properly at all). It's the nature of the work, I've accepted that if anything it is great for me as I tend to be a grazer so not being able to eat while I work is great for me. The OPs post reads too much as 'gospel' to me (op correct me if that is not the intention) and I am an advocate of finding out what works for yourself, no arbitrary rules designed by others, that is the only way weightloss is sustainable.
  • zyxst
    Options
    TLS. Found out what it is through another thread the OP started.

http://www.tlsslim.com/

And the OP is a 'coach' and wants to sell her program/supplements.

http://www.tlsslim.com/site/contact-us

So now you know. :)

But what do the initials stand for? *That* is bothering me.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options

"Transitions Lifestyle Solutions"

Just another sales scam.
  • Duchy82
    Options
    There you go arbitrary rules someone else designed for others to follow, no thanks!
  • zyxst
    Options

"Transitions Lifestyle Solutions"

Just another sales scam.

Where did you find that? Granted, I didn't look everywhere. Now to find out what BBBC means because I don't think it means what I think it means. ;)