Tea Drinkers! Logging Tea (with milk)

Options
keiraev
keiraev Posts: 695 Member
When I look at people's food diaries there seems to be so many variations on how many calories are actually in a cup of (English) tea with milk!

I literally have a splash of semi-skimmed or skimmed milk in mine and no sugar - surely this works out as no more than a couple of calories?

I have seen people logging tea with 125 mls of milk in it? Surely that's not right!

Replies

• aslm
    aslm Posts: 71
    Options
    I'd measure your slash of milk with teaspoons as you put it in, just to it one time so you have a idea. I put about 10mls in mine, not much at all.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    that's not a proper cup of tea- that's chicken soup!
    i always log mine as 'tea- black with a splash'. works out at about 10 cals i think.
    hope that helps.
  • clarech
    clarech Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I have mine with a splash of skimmed milk and use the tea with skimmed milk option it comes up as 15cal a cup. I've also found some to be pretty high too
  • daverno
    daverno Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Digital scales can give you an accurate reading. 1ml of water or milk weighs 1gram. Try it next time you make tea.

Of course you can check the weight of the sugar like this too.
  • jennywrens
    jennywrens Posts: 208
    Options
    I log mine as something generic I found - its probably way more than it actually is (23cals a mug) but I've kept it the same because the mug I use is massive!!!!
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    measure what your splash is...once you know that you will know your calories.
  • emmaoshaughnessy
    Options
    I guess some people like milky tea. I worked out how much milk I normally use, for me I put around 50ml in my tea but you might use a lot more or a lot less. The best thing to do would be to work out how many ml of milk you use per cup and it will give you an accurate calorie count. I have added this to my foods list and as I sometimes use full fat and sometimes semi-skim I have a seperate entry for both.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    i have mine with soya milk, and i put loads in
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I log "Pg Tips - Tea With Semi-Skimmed Milk (30ml), No Sugar, 30 ml" which has 17 calories :smile:
  • mtshell
    mtshell Posts: 15
    Options
    Yes that's what I was logging it as 27clz, I had to take a second look and thought that's wrong.
    Not correct, the max It should be is between 10 to 17 calories. Hope that helps.