The new Menu at The Cheesecake Factory is going to kill me

Options
So, we at The Cheesecake Factory are going to be rolling out a menu next month and I am a server there. So part of our job is training in the new menu items and that includes every day at the shift meeting they make 2 or 3 of the new future items and one of the new alcoholic beverages. They cut them up into bite size pieces and we all have to take a bite or two of each of them, so we can describe them to our guests, helps us remember the ingredients and maybe find a new favorite or two so as to be able to make suggestions. This is normally one of my favorite parts of my job. But I remember from last year that this is one of the biggest reasons I gained the 15 lbs back on that I had lost last year. And this new menu is AWESOME! Macaroni and Cheese burger with fried mac n cheese on it, and the new strawberry cheesecake MILKSHAKE? omg. I have had no trouble the last 6 weeks resisting temptation since I had had it all before and I know I can have it again. But now, I know I can say ok I tried this 2 days ago on another shift I will skip that one, since I only have to try it once. But how do I log all this stuff? Am I really going to have to be spending hours on the computer every week building a recipe to my best guess and breaking it down into 1/8th of a burger etc? UGH and the self control is going to be so hard. I know I can do it though, thats what I keep telling myself anyways......Oh and I didnt mention the new Hershey Chocolate Cake Cheesecake that comes out at the end of the month. I havnt even tasted that yet and already dreaming about it from the picture....pray for me please.....lol

Replies

• TrishJimenez
    TrishJimenez Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    and to have to WASTE so many of my precious calories on only one bite and not a whole meal, is almost depressing :(
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Wow, yeah that is depressing....in my opinion it's the cheesecake there that's good...I couldn't stand the food when we've been there.

So many calories, so little bites.
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    Oh, man, I feel for you. I used to work at a theater, where they made us watch a certain number of movies each month so we could recommend them to customers. Sounds awesome, but not when it's a two screen theater that only shows crap movies.

Is it possible to take a taste and then spit them out? I mean, wine and coffee tasters do it. Would it work for this situation? It's awkward, I know, but it would keep the wasted calories WAY down.
  • jenc79
    jenc79 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Fried macaroni cheese actually sounds foul, especially on a burger. Maybe I've turned a corner with the dieting thing?

Could you claim vegetarianism/dairy intolerance/come clean to your boss about the slimming?
  • TrishJimenez
    Options
    Oh, man, I feel for you. I used to work at a theater, where they made us watch a certain number of movies each month so we could recommend them to customers. Sounds awesome, but not when it's a two screen theater that only shows crap movies.

Is it possible to take a taste and then spit them out? I mean, wine and coffee tasters do it. Would it work for this situation? It's awkward, I know, but it would keep the wasted calories WAY down.

You know what? That is a GREAT idea! Everyone there knows about my weight loss and fitness goals since I am getting married in nov so believe me I talk about it a lot and they have all been so supporting. I guess if it is something that I REALLY love and feel it is worth it to keep chewing and swallow it then I will log it, otherwise I can spit it out. One of the managers even looks up recipes to help me log stuff when it isnt in the database. So I am sure it would be fine. After that is is just the self control thing. But I feel confident.
  • TrishJimenez
    Options

You know what? That is a GREAT idea! Everyone there knows about my weight loss and fitness goals since I am getting married in nov so believe me I talk about it a lot and they have all been so supporting. I guess if it is something that I REALLY love and feel it is worth it to keep chewing and swallow it then I will log it, otherwise I can spit it out. One of the managers even looks up recipes to help me log stuff when it isnt in the database. So I am sure it would be fine. After that is is just the self control thing. But I feel confident.
  • TrishJimenez
    Options
    Fried macaroni cheese actually sounds foul, especially on a burger. Maybe I've turned a corner with the dieting thing?

Could you claim vegetarianism/dairy intolerance/come clean to your boss about the slimming?

Oh they know about the weight loss goals, I have even told them that I wanted to get off work so I could get to the gym before it got to late to work out, and they will close my station ;) I guess it is a good place to work. I guess the macaroni and cheese burger was just so tempting because I used to put my macaroni and cheese on my burger when I was a kid and we would have bbqs outside and I LOVED it lol. If I just imagine it hardening my arteries it will look less appealing lol
  • prjoy98
    prjoy98 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! We have a cheesecake Factory by my "home" and I LOVE their corn tamales and the mini crabcakes!! Most times I go I order the two (which are appetizers) HOWEVER, I am so sure they are loaded in calories. Are they getting rid of those items?
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    OMG, there is no way I could work there!! Their cheesecake is to die for!! I am planning on going there for my bday in oct and eating only cheesecake for dinner!! LOL!! And the carrot cake!! I feel for you! I have no advice, b/c I am such a sweet eater! I would be so completely oveweight! LOL!!

I hope only the best for you! At least you have a goal and that is your wedding!! Have a great day!!
  • TrishJimenez
    Options
    OMG!!! We have a cheesecake Factory by my "home" and I LOVE their corn tamales and the mini crabcakes!! Most times I go I order the two (which are appetizers) HOWEVER, I am so sure they are loaded in calories. Are they getting rid of those items?

Nope, those items are safe :) And the sweet corn tamale cakes are safe, I swear if I they ever delete those I will QUIT! lol My fiance used to work there in the kitchen and he and I went in there to eat for dinner for my BDAY and we both were like, ok we are starting with the sweet corn tamale cakes and both laughed cuz we said the same thing. so yummy
  • k1229
    k1229 Posts: 135
    Options
    you'll do ok chick!!! Sounds like your workplace is a pretty supportive environment!

Good Luck! xx
  • shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    You are stong, i don't think I would be able to work at a place like that. Good Luck
  • Bucky2BeBetty
    Bucky2BeBetty Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I would never be able to be constantly exposed to cheesecake without giving in to temptation!

I am a preschool teacher and I don't have a lot of food thrust upon me I cannot resist (goldfish crackers, cheese, raisins, etc.) but when a child brings birthday treats, I feel obligated to eat it so I don't hurt his or her feelings. Or when I go on a home visit, especially with Hispanic families, I always feel like I must take food if offered so I do not offend the parents.
  • sovannac
    sovannac Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    My fiance works as a busser at the Cheesecake Factory and so I sort of know how you're feeling. He used to bring me home food all the time but with some of their recent menu changes, I've been able to resist. They unfortunately and fortunately slightly changed my favorite dish, Chicken Romano by switching the the noodles and I wasn't too happy about that - I'm slightly picky. :) Also, they got rid of my favorite Cheesecake there a couple of years back, I'm sure if they still had it - I would weigh a lot more so I supposed it's a good thing it's off the menu!

Good luck! You're strong, resist the temptation!