Be a quitter

Options
EllaLeahB
EllaLeahB Posts: 310 Member
I may not be successful yet when it comes to where I want to be with my body, but I am successful when it comes to quitting cigarettes. I started smoking when I was 13, that is a long time! I will be 40 in a little over a month and I've been smoke-free now for almost 1 year. It is one of the most difficult things I've ever had to do. It was once my only vice. I encourage anybody who smokes to try and try again until you succeed. I've tried several times and this time I will be successful. I'm sure most people on here don't smoke, but I'm sure quite a few of you have or still do. Either way, you can be a quitter too.

Replies

• HippySkoppy
    HippySkoppy Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Well done you!!

I have been a "reluctant" smoker on and off now for 40 years. Ugh. Started with my Mum's encouragment at 14....I have given up more times than I've had hot dinners, my longest period was 4 years.

I am keen to have another attempt as it's really getting to me both physically and mentally but now is not the right time. I'm battling other issues ATM but once I can fully commit my attention to this I will be giving it another shot. Maybe this time it will stick.

Wishing you continued success Ella <3
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Nice Ella! Quitting cigarettes is really tough, I'm glad you made it! Yay!
  • mattdhall
    mattdhall Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    What has helped you succeed? Also, what app is that screen shot from?
  • EllaLeahB
    EllaLeahB Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Thank you hippyskoppy, I get it. I grew up in a house full of smoke, easy access! Thanks Tiny_Dancer_In_pink(love the name)
    Mattdhall, it's called my last cigarette. I have you to the app every day for a while, that definitely helped. I had to quit smoking before some major surgeries, that was definitely a motivator and in the very beginning I used a vaporizer was zero nicotine but I gave that up shortly after because it made me just want to go smoke a real cigarette. I was tired of spending money knowing I actually burned it, feeling crappy and smelling bad. Shortly after I quit my kids told me how good I smelled.. lol so that helped too.
  • natashachristina
    natashachristina Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • ReginaOSU
    ReginaOSU Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm sure your kids are super proud of you!
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options

congrats. i'll get there someday.
  • peiotter
    peiotter Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congrats...smoking- my life for 31 years if you count all the inhaled second hand smoke! It gets easier- and you have ever so much more $$$ for frivolities like better food, better wine, exercise classes.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!