Is there such a thing as too much exercise deficit?

Options
2»

Replies

• AmyOMAD
    AmyOMAD Posts: 25 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    If without special effort you are getting more than 4000 steps - you are not Sedentary.
    Even if a tad lower on weekdays but well above on weekends from normal daily activity - you are not Sedentary.
    Yeah, I have to give what you've said a bit of credit. I may in fact be misguiding myself with lethargy from undereating at times and certain nutrition deficiencies, iron being a big one. And then translating that into believing I'm Sedentary.
    heybales wrote: »
    Read the FAQ in the Fitbit group stickies, first section for some general guidelines to combining the two.
    PERFECT! THANK YOU!
  • KMMRN
    KMMRN Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I gained 40 kg when I had cancer in 2015/16. The prognosis was not brilliant, so I decided to eat what I want. Now that I am better I have to lose the weight. I eat what is recommended by MFP; 1200 calories, but exercise off 1400+ calories a day. I monitor this with an Apple watch. I lose about 200 grams a day. I am a little tired after I exercise - mostly deep water running - but in general feel great.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    amyereed99 wrote: »
    the fact that I do have hair loss (is that a nutrition deficiency, I wonder), I am tired all the time (is this situational depression though).

in my life anaemia and rheumatoid arthritis both had that pair of effects. and then too, r.a. comes with a side of anaemia for many people. it could have any one of a number of causes in your case, but getting your nutrition level sorted out so it matches your body's needs would be a starting point anyway.

not that that's helpful in any very concrete kind of way. just wanted to chime in to encourage you to eat :tongue: