When you reach your goal weight...

Options
i_love_vinegar
i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
Are you going to quit MFP or are you going to stay here for maintenance?

I am not sure what I am going to do yet...Hmmm...bit embarrassing, but I think I may miss the place :embarassed:

Replies

• 1_up
    1_up Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I'll stay and pass on whatever knowledge I've gained to those that were in the boat I was in when I first started.
  • dgirllamius
    dgirllamius Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm probbaly going to keep using this to maintain because I'm dreadful when it comes to keeping an eye on what I eat. Before I started using MFP I was taking back 2500~ calories a day - I don't want to go back to that habit. Plus I've become a little obsessed with MFP and theres nothing wrong with counting. I want to get my goal weight and stay there so I'm going to need all the support I can get.
  • Toots2012
    Toots2012 Posts: 25
    Options
    I will definilty stay! This site is so encouraging and it is an awesome way to reflect daily on your food intake. I love the encouragement and support that I recieve from others who are working towards the same goal as myself. I decided that this is a lifestyle change for me so I have to incorporate as much as I can to get myself going and motivated.
  • winneau
    winneau Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I'm staying :D I think I've lost all I want to lose, but I'm actually scared to try and maintain without support, and I know I have so much to learn about overall health and nutrition and especially fitness.

I would miss MFP too much :love:
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    stay! i only started here when i had reached my goal weight. its about a lifestyle change and being healthy not just losing weight :) i learn new things from here every day!
  • nsimportant
    nsimportant Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Its a nice tool to count your calories with a large database i will definitely use it for more then just weight loss.
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I'm here for life I think :-)

Seriously, I love MFP
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I'm staying, I've basically been on maintenance for the last 3 months. These last couple of pounds are hard to lose...but hey, it's only 2lbs, and in the grand scheme of things that's nothing! I actually enjoy logging my food, it helps me keep on track and ensure I won't gain it back :)
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    i have so far to go but I think I will always stay...this is part of my new family now...
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm staying. I've gained and lost so many times that I know if I don't track my food I won't be accountable. I'm a lifer :)
  • jmgj27
    jmgj27 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I reckon I'll stay. The calorie counter is fab and a useful tool to keep my eye on things. Plus if something starts to go wrong and I start putting on a bit of weight, I'm hoping MFP will help me figure out why (IT'S ALL THOSE CHICKEN WINGS!!!).
  • up2me2lose20
    up2me2lose20 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I'm still here! :wink: It's still a daily struggle even though I'm at my "goal" weight. Plus, I have new goals in mind now that I'm shooting for, so MFP helps keep me on track.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I too am probably going to be here for life. Just because this has been the only thing to help me keep the weight off. :heart:
  • prettybrownround
    prettybrownround Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I'm staying. Although I met my goal weight, I still hv a lot of toning to do.....and I am terrified of gaining my weight back.
  • cheri03
    cheri03 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I lost a bunch a yr and a half ago and then quit logging in and boom, 15 lbs back on. I will keep up after this!
  • vulrich93
    vulrich93 Posts: 99
    Options
    I'd definitely stay on for weight maintenance. I didn't know how many calories/day I was consuming, but now I have a rough estimate! Plus it'll help avoid the freshman 15 :)
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I'll be staying. I know that all of the leaders at WW's meetings I had attended in the past continued to journal, even years after they hit their goal. I think logging my food and exercise is the best way for me to stay successful.
  • SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I've just reached goal :happy: I know one thing though....I'm going to carry on logging my food daily & my weight weekly on here - and am gradually increasing cals by 50 a week til I get to maintenance level so as not to shock the body with a massive jump (maintenance 1520 - currently on 1370). There's no way I'm givin' this one up......and I'll def need help maintaining as I normally get very complacent when I get to goal (which I've done many a time but not on MFP) :embarassed: . Definitely not ready to give up my security blanket for a long time yet......:laugh:

Good luck!!! :flowerforyou:

Sue :smile: x
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I'll stay for a bit, until I feel like I have outgrown it.
  • lcs1211
    lcs1211 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I am definitely going to stay - even though I am still about 10-15 lbs. from goal, this is now my lifestyle and I will be here as long as this site is here. Love all my MFP friends and everyone that posts. Best of luck everyone!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!