Breakfast Talk

Options
ProTFitness
ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
Breakfast is the most Important Meal of the day!
It gets your engine running.

So I wanted to see what everyone is eating for breakfast. What is your favorite things to eat for breakfast.

Remember you want to get a good combination of complex carbs and lean proteins.

Remember you want to aim for 300-400 calories for your breakfast

Also you want to Eat with in an Hour After you wake up.

My favorite Breakfast is

OatBran with Pumpkin, spices and Flax seed & 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites = about 330-350 calories. In the summer I tend to add blueberries or peaches in my oatbran

Have a Great Friday everyone >;o}

Replies

• Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I ususally go for fruit and yogurt, but today I was a bit bad and had crumpets with soft low fat cheese YUM :)
  • skinnylove00
    skinnylove00 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    in love with apple slices dipped in cinnamon oatmeal...i feel like im eating apple pie but its so healthy because of the fiber :D
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    Coffee comes first!!!

After that one of the following options.
    - Eggs & Turkey Bacon
    - Cereal & Fruit
    - Yogurt & Fruit
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs with baked beans... no contest! Usually followed by a banana :)
  • vulrich93
    vulrich93 Posts: 99
    Options
    Fruit smoothie, or cheerios + all bran buds, soy nuts and milk. Ommmmmmmmmmmmmm so gooood with berries on the side.
  • helena9
    helena9 Posts: 34
    Options
    i am so awful for breakfast by the sounds of things :( during the week i am so rushed getting out that i just go straight to work, then immediately a black coffee, followed by kelloggs cereal - is this ok? the worst thing is sometimes i miss my cereal and don't eat until around 11 which is when i will have an apple if im good :s

at weekends im completely different - it is about the scrambled or poached eggs them yummmy!
  • HollyMcCaw
    HollyMcCaw Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    - Black coffe
    - whole wheat english muffin
    - 2 poached eggs
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    i have 3 breakfasts that i rotate i love them all :)

oatmeal w/ skim milk & a peice of fruit
    3 wheat biscuits w/ skim milk and a piece of fruit
    3 pieces raisin toast and a piece of fruit

i dont eat eggs for breakfast because i have them in my lunches alot :)
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I'm currently eating 10oz of fresh pineapples, cinnamon bagel/cream cheese, and green tea= great breakfast. . .

about 440calories
  • sharonuk10
    sharonuk10 Posts: 277
    Options
    1 egg 2 slices of bacon some muchrooms 1 slice wholemeal toast with butter and jam 1 cup of tea with honey and a banana. approx 375 cals
    and
    1 bowl of porridge with 1 tsp of sugar and 2tsp cinnamon 1 slice of wholemeal toast with butter 1 cup of tea with honey and a banana approx 425 cals
    One day it is one of these the next the other. I refuse to give up food I enjoy like bacon. :-)
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Two eggs scrambled and two waffles-325 cal.

Sometimes I eat sausage or grits. Have to amp up my workout on those days.
  • HannahPendrigh
    HannahPendrigh Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Today I had one slice of Weight Watchers bread, with a one egg omelette, 150g baked beans and 2 cherry tomatoes :)

And a glass of cherry juice!

Altogether 349 cals :D
  • jeffpiipponen
    jeffpiipponen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Monday through Friday: 6 fresh egg whites scrambled topped with salsa and slow cook oatmeal with frozen blueberries and 1/2 tablespoon of local raw honey - oh and lots of starbucks french roast with stevia and skim milk

Saturday and Sunday: Special K Protein Plus with skim milk and frozen blueberries - oh and lots of starbucks french roast with stevia and skim milk
  • 1aprilaries
    1aprilaries Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    i just finished 2 nutri grain blueberry waffles with sugar/fat free jell-o cheesecake pudding, sliced strawberries & a banana. It was soooo good. I got the recipe from someone on MFP! Normally i do oatmeal w/a granny smith apple & sliced bananas or egg white omlette w/spinach, cheese & peppers.
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Lately I've been having a protein shake made with milk, oats, yoghurt, a banana and chocolate protein powder. Sometimes I don't feel like eating when I get up but know I need to have something, and this shake is ideal. It keeps me full for about 2 and a half to 3 hours. :-)

Works out 514 calories though, so I probably shouldn't have it too often but then it keeps me fuller for longer so I'll probably eat less anyway.
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    i am so awful for breakfast by the sounds of things :( during the week i am so rushed getting out that i just go straight to work, then immediately a black coffee, followed by kelloggs cereal - is this ok? the worst thing is sometimes i miss my cereal and don't eat until around 11 which is when i will have an apple if im good :s

at weekends im completely different - it is about the scrambled or poached eggs them yummmy!

Not good at all :-( plan ahead and eat something you can take with you to get that engine running. you body will store food as fat and you will have trouble with over eating later
  • Vhovell
    Vhovell Posts: 286
    Options
    I have Oat Krumbly when i get to work, can't eat first thing in the morning, I use to have a yogurt at 11am but since being on here i now have cereal between 8:30 and 9:30 then a yogurt at 11:30...weekends are harder and i use to not eat until 3ish some days but now i'm getting better and will make sure i eat before going out :o)
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Always: 2 cups coffee w/ .5 cup skim milk and sweet n low

Normally 1 of 3 meals: 2 hard boiled egg whites, slice of rice bread, 1 ounce of cheese

or 1 cup rice checks, .25 cup skim milk, fruit

or 2 egg white omlette with spinach, 1/8 cup 2% shredded cheese, and either a slice of rice bread or a 4" corn tortilla

for a splurge I'll have silver dollar fruit pancakes with 1 - 2 tsp real maple syrup.
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Today and typical:
    1 Nectarine 60 calories,
    Oroweat - Double Fiber Whole Grain Bread, 1 Slice – 80 calories
    1 slice Farmer John Applewood Premium Smoked Bacon – 35 calories
    1 Judy's Family Farm Old Fashioned Organic Eggs - Large Grade AA Brown Egg – 70 calories
    1 Tbsp Butter – 100 calories
    Total: 345 calories, 14g protein, 253g Cholesterol, 21g Fat, 273g potassium, 430 mg sodium