I'm about to weight more than my fiance! HELP!

Options
2»

Replies

• borac
    borac Posts: 174
    Options
    Ok..

When I got married husband and i were the same weight.. well after my pregnencies etc.. i weighed about 120 lbs more than him !!
    It bothered me - not him.

He loved me and loves me.. for " me " and not my weighed.. I can say not once have I noticed any difference in him towards me.. if i'm 280, 180, 150, or what ever weight..

What i'm trying to tell you - do it for yourself.. and your fiance - if he loves you , he will love you no matter what weight the scale is showing ..
  • smadag1
    smadag1 Posts: 1,368
    Options
    I wish i could weigh what my husband does i am 5'8ish and am around 175 size 12/14. He is 5'11 and 125 in a 28 mens waist. Iknow he loves me no matter what i weigh. I am on a weight loss mission more for me than i am for him. I know he will be proud of me for my weight loss efforts. Keep your head up and keep on track.
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm the same height as you 5'8" and I weighed 184 (not weighing my self right now- the scale is broken)

I wear a size 10 as well right now they are a little snug - the skinnest I have ever been was 4 years ago I weighed 149 - and I looked like I was starving myself to death.

I remember going to the Dr's office and the nurse weighed me at the time I weighed 160 and she said - you don't look like you weigh 160 -

the point I'm trying to make - it doesn't matter if weigh 180 or 130 it's how I feel and how happy you are about how you look.

my ideal weight where I am the happiest is around 165-170 - I like the way I look - at that weight I'm a size 8 - and that makes me happy and that's what counts.

And as far as weighing more than your fiance - well I wouldn't worry about it - at one point in my marriage my Husband lost so much weight I out weighed him by 15 lbs - now he out weighs me by 30 -

Weight is only a number :happy: and numbers shouldn't define how we feel
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    Omg..im not gonna lie...Im definitely a little jealous of you ladies!!hahahahahaha. I am about the same height 5'8-5'9 and when i started this i weighed 174 lbs and was MOST definitely a 14...12 was never an option for me.....Im now down to 164, and probably am now in a size 12.......You are sooo lucky to be wearing size 10's!!!!!! i WISH! But just goes to show how some people are genetically lucky to carry the weight in the right places!hahahaha..While I am mildly jelous....congrats on the weight loss still..... hehehehe
  • dribbles88
    Options
    Great tips everyone.

And for those of you who are concerned :tongue: I'm eating plenty. The only reason I have that little for breakfast is that I'm not much of a breakfast person anyway. But then for lunch I'll have grilled chicken and a spinach salad (my favorite!) and a glass of milk (If I'm too low on the calories). Believe me, I am not starving myself or eating too little. I tried that when I was younger and I ended up feeling horrible and overall gaining more weight. Plus it's just not good!

I really appreciate everyone's support! It's interesting to hear everyone else's stories. It makes me feel like we are all in this together. I feel a lot better. Thank you!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I'm just throwing this out there: My fiance is slim but muscular, he's 5'8", his weight fluctuates between 150 and 160, depending on how well he's been keeping up with his workouts. When he met me I weighed about 175lbs, he loved me anyway, and I didn't care that I weighed more than him. Wwhen I started here I was up to 209 lbs, 59lbs more than my fiance. now I weigh 152 and am SO happy and healthy! and I STILL weigh more than he does. Thing is I still don't care. You can't compare yourself to other people. Make your goal to be happy and healthy, not to weigh less than someone else. In fact, since it seems to really bother you, don't weigh together and don't discuss numbers. :flowerforyou: