Stalled

Options
Hi all
Can you help or give some advice I've stalled on my weight loss journey I'm have way I've lost 28 pounds and I've another 28 to go all was well in the beginning 2/4 pound a week but with in the last 3 weeks I've only scraped a hard earned pound
The motivation is still there but I just can't burst through and get going again
Thanks for any advice

Replies

• neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    Many people who have stalled used this chart as a guide on the steps to take to fix it:
    77bcrc2ghs84.jpg
  • mzb123
    mzb123 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thank you very interesting
  • sandylion
    sandylion Posts: 451 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I find that the weight loss journey isn't linear, especially after the first "stage" where everything just flies off. Hormones, water retention, macros, etc can make it go in fits and starts. It sounds like you've done really great so far! I wonder if you can look at the data you've collected and see something that needs to be tweaked? Like, if you are not measuring really carefully, maybe some high calorie estimates are off by a bit? Are you a little heavy on the carbs? That will make you retain water and slow things down. Have you started working out? The swelling in your muscles will make you retain water and hide any weight loss for a couple weeks until you get used to it. Also, as you shrink, you need less energy to accomplish things so you actually burn less so need to restrict more to get the same level of loss. Sometimes taking a week at maintenance and then going back to a restrictive diet will 'reset' things as well. Hope this, and that really great graph, are helpful :)
  • mzb123
    mzb123 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi thanks for your in put a really interesting read