Anybody a Single Parent here?

Options
2»

Replies

• Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I have raised a set of twins that will soon be twenty and a son that will be 14 next month alone. It is hard at times but it does get easier. You can always involve the kids in your exercise. Childrens games are work when you get older. LOL.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Single mom of a 2 year old here. His sperm donor has never been involved I actually had his rights sealed so he cant psychologically mess with my child later on. Being a single working mom is definently a balancing act with weight loss/gym time!
  • cr00kednz
    cr00kednz Posts: 15
    Options
    Hey thanks for all the replies!! And the new MFP friends. :o)

Hope you all are going well today. I haven't been able to get out walking like I wanted to. The installation of the new fire took longer than I thought and now I'm working - doh! So I'm going to try and do half an hour workout later tonight, once kids are asleep.

Have a good Hump Day everybody. :o)
  • Maria_81
    Maria_81 Posts: 152
    Options
    Hi there, single of a 6 year old daughter.
  • giammarcor
    giammarcor Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm a single parent, but my daughter is 26. So, technically I probably don't fit into the category. But, I did raise her alone from when she was 5, so that has to count for something.
  • lprunty
    lprunty Posts: 108
    Options
    I am a single parent. I live in CO in the US. I have 3 kiddos. Two of which live with me full time. :-)
  • lprunty
    lprunty Posts: 108
    Options
    Oh and feel free to add me! I've only been on MFP for a couple days. I'm liking it much better than the other programs I've used.
  • 44isthenew29
    44isthenew29 Posts: 141
    Options
    Single parent here, just north of Toronto. Two daughters, 15 and 18. Been on my own a long time. When they were little, their Dad would watch them while I was at the gym, or I just worked out at home. DVD's and stationary bike. My eldest would get down on the floor with me and do abs. :)
  • aegira
    aegira Posts: 204
    Options
    Yep, single mum of 2 (girl and boy) from Australia and have been for 14.5 years. It hasn't been easy but it has been an adventure, they are both Uni students, still at home and I still support them to some degree but nowadays I can come and go as I please, so it really is time for me.
  • tigerbluefly
    tigerbluefly Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hi! Single mom of 15 year old girl and 7 year old boy.
  • cr00kednz
    Options
    Welcome all, it's sort of exciting for me, haha, in a weird "Hey, I got noticed" sort of way, sorry about that.

You are all welcome to add me as a friend.

How is everybody doing tonight(NZT)/today?

My sister brought over banana cake. Aaaaaaaaaaaargh, haha. I LOVE banana cake with cream cheese icing, but I had a teeny bit and it was enough to satisfy any sweet craving I had, which was good. Also managed to go for a 45min walk with the dog tonight, god it was so good, the kids are staying at their grandparents' tonight so I can get some sleep. It's school holidays at the moment, I think most of you in America call them mid-term holidays? Anyway, it's proving to be particularly hard when it comes to exercise! And food! Argh! haha

Hope you are all keeping well. :o)
  • cr00kednz
    Options
    Sorry, I just realised that all those in the US must be on summer holidays now? How are you coping with that, in between work, exercise, etc?
  • aegira
    aegira Posts: 204
    Options
    Have to say it's great to find other single parents here and welcome to all.

I have a question for you all:

Is it just me or do others suffer from "guilt" when you want to do something for yourself?

It's really odd my 'kids' are in their 20's and I want to go overseas on a holiday...part of me thinks "I deserve this damn it!" and the other part thinks "yeah but what if something happens and they need you".

Comments welcome
  • tiggersstar
    tiggersstar Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm a single parent, but my daughter is 26. So, technically I probably don't fit into the category. But, I did raise her alone from when she was 5, so that has to count for something.

that counts for everything :flowerforyou:
  • tiggersstar
    tiggersstar Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Have to say it's great to find other single parents here and welcome to all.

I have a question for you all:

Is it just me or do others suffer from "guilt" when you want to do something for yourself?

It's really odd my 'kids' are in their 20's and I want to go overseas on a holiday...part of me thinks "I deserve this damn it!" and the other part thinks "yeah but what if something happens and they need you".

Comments welcome

i feel very guilty when i spend time/money on myself as well :heart:
  • crazycranberry
    crazycranberry Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm a Single Parent too!