School yard fights: Have u ever punched someone in the face?

Options

Replies

• synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    Imma girl we use words to hurt not fists. ;)

Although for a program at skating we were choreographing fighting and I got hit a couple of times although couldn't for the life of my figure out hot how to throw a realistic punch
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I got slapped once by a known bully in middle school. Turns out she is my second cousin. I was mortified by the confrontation and cried, a lot, lol.
  • kaizaku
    kaizaku Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Yes, back in the day. Although I'm so tempted to punch some of my work colleagues in the face :)
    lol
  • M1ssdanni
    M1ssdanni Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Swung off someone's hair..never got to throw the punch though
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    No.
    I had some physical fights with my siblings as a kid but no face punching. No physical fights otherwise in my life.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    At 47 I have never been in a physical altercation. I hope to never be. I'm a lover, not a fighter.

good morning!
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    I have broken up fights and physically restrained a few people but fortunately, I haven't actually had to throw a punch since 6th grade. I told him to leave me alone and the idiot sucker punched me. I hit him and he hit the ground. Instead of backing down, the fool got back up and tried to take another swing at me. I hit him again and he hit the ground again. That was the end of it.
  • nrbutton
    nrbutton Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Yup, I was 16 and she was 21. She found out I was dating her ex and jumped me in the parking lot of a convenience store. I didn't even know who she was until she started yelling at me. She pushed me and everything happened really fast. I hit her, she grabbed me, I fell landing halfway underneath my open car door and she got on top of me. I couldn't see her face at that point so I was grabbing, kicking, and punching every fleshy part I could trying to get her off me. Sirens could be heard and her friends dragged her back to their car and they took off.

I went straight home, but when my friend told my mom what happened she took me straight to the police station to give a statement. As far as I know nothing ever came of it, but I never saw her again.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,556 Member
    Options
    I was a wimp from elementary school through highschool. Part of the reason why I chose to improve my physique and get better at martial arts (I did take it as a kid, but it was basically all kata) and boxing. I've only had to use it a couple of times past my 20's and didn't get my *kitten* kicked. Broke a dude's arm though.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • nrbutton
    nrbutton Posts: 165 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Oh yeah I almost forgot I punched the **** out of my ex-BIL when he got so drunk he started yelling expletives at my mom. When my husband stepped in he ended up on top of my husband. I jumped on his back without thinking and started punching the back of his head and trying to get him in a choke hold. Turns out when it comes to "fight or flight" my first reaction is fight. Hubby was able to get up and get him pinned up against the wall. My sister told him the cops were on their way and that was enough to scare him so he ran out of the house.

It was a combo bachelor/bachelorette party the night before their wedding. He had a goose egg on his forehead from one of my punches. He gave me props the next morning saying I hit harder than some of the men he'd fought with before.

Obviously that relationship didn't last long, turns out getting drunk and wanting to fight was a common theme for him.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    yes i have been in few fights growing up. i was the shy kid who got picked on until i couldn't take it no more. i got into very few fights as an adult. twice protecting my mom.. no body yells at her and threatens her. my creepy cousin and my sister ex. they both earned it
  • Doctorsookiestrikesback
    Options
    yep and also broke someone's nose using my head. that was fun. I got hit too but oddly no bruising and he busted all his knuckles punching me. I have a hard head. Yes I said "he". We were in high school and I was protecting a younger girl I was charged with protecting and he was picking/pushing her around. Only fight I ever been in because nobody wanted their nose broke. Got a rep after that.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    Never been in a fight in my life.
    I have tiny baby hands that I doubt would inflict any damage.
  • Romeo1luv
    Romeo1luv Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hi jonesimgmucho
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Gimsteinn1 wrote: »
    I've just done some wrestling in a dojo but I've never punched anyone.. I don't know how to punch tbh

i need to do something that requires a dojo just so i can say "dojo."
  • SisypheanWorkout
    SisypheanWorkout Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Yep, several times. Also been punched. Not my favorite thing in the world.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    yes i have been in few fights growing up. i was the shy kid who got picked on until i couldn't take it no more.

I would generally describe myself as someone with a long fuse. Probably the best example of this was when i was new to a school, some guy, cant even remember why, starting kicking me, so I walked away, which meant he kept kicking for like 10-15 mins I thought, might have been more or less. Then I fought back and was suspended.

I never really liked the suspend everyone involved policy schools seem to have.