HELP my weight is STUCK!!!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Yes that day I didn't finish my log I went out for dinner that evening. So maybe I shouldn't go out once a week. I guess for me it's about balance I look forward to having a dinner one night a week out. So if I do that maybe I shouldn't be so upset to not see the scale move. Like I said I did this last year and was successful I just kept pushing through.

Once a week dining out can easily wipe out a week of effort. I've pretty much cut out *dining out* completely until I get back to my goal weight. And even then, it's going to be a monthly thing...not weekly.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I really just think you aren't being accurate. That's only looking at March's information. Were there days you skipped breakfast or lunch or dinner? If not, that's where I would start. Also, the day you didn't finish logging at all was only a week ago.

This. OP, you mention measuring food, but do you weigh all solid and semi solid food on a food scale?

Cheat days and meals can affect the weekly deficit. Log. Everything. Your logging is very lax. Lax logging results in smaller to no losses.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,522 Member
    Options
    Amazing job so far! Sounds like you are taking good care of yourself (staying out of the hospital), watching vitamin levels (very important for Crohn's, I hear), staying active, and certainly not gaining weight. Hopefully, you are happy and staying out of the hospital. These are the most important things!

Eating low-carb helps, but if you feel low energy, particularly while working out, it can help to add a few back, in my experience. Keeping carbs relatively low is a good maintenance strategy if you don't want to log for the rest of your life.

As for weight loss, it's usually a matter of accurate logging for both exercise and food calories. If you really want to lose weight, there is no room for "cheat days." You have to log everything. You can eat extra calories any day you want, but losing a pound of actual tissue mass (hopefully mostly fat) means you ate 3500kcals less than you burned. (There are no exceptions to this rule, but you can vary day-to-day by more than a pound. It pays to weigh in the morning after potty time in the same level of dress. I prefer to do it nearly daily and watch the trend.)

(I don't recommend to anyone that they make their diary public. Everyone just picks on you and, in the end, you are only beholden to yourself. What you choose to eat and how you log is a personal choice.)
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Is there a reason you're low carb? You said the carbs help with your chrons so is low carb a preference or your choice of diet or what? I only ask because I lose better when eating carbs than I do on low carb and I'm more satisfied. I know that's personal preference and how my body responds, but I've unsuccessfully done low carb several times because of all the hype I kept going back til I figured out eating carbs but sticking to CICO helped me lose better and feel satiated while losing:)
  • brittanymfarley
    brittanymfarley Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your positivity Jthanmyfitnesspal. I realized after having people look at my diary it may have been a mistake. I've lost over 100 lbs I know what I'm doing maybe I was just looking for a little encouragement rather than advice. I choose low carb because the carbs make me feel like crap. I had to eat the carbs when I was sick because they have no nutritional value and my body didn't have to work to break them down. I could not do protein or veggies because they were way to hard on my system. Low carb just works for me. Like I said I'm doing everything I was doing before it's just stalled. When I lost 102lbs I was having a cheat meal once a week maybe once every 2 weeks and it was working like I said the only thing different is my medication. I don't log my water because I don't feel the need because I always drink at LEAST 100oz. Oh well I'll get through it. I did it before and did it healthy and I need to remember that before I had stalls and kept going and eventually got to where I wanted to be. It's a lifestyle for me so having those cheat days I'm ok with like I said if I choose to do the cheat days I have to be ok with stalled weight loss.