LOW CAL Vegan Foods/Meals

Options
Got any? Please share!

Replies

• corofinlass
    corofinlass Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    veggie soups - can be made thicker for stews, the soup / stew can be used to dress pasta or potato......
    home made chilli with quorn mince or just kidney beans and brown rice,
    Shepardless pie (lenitls, peas, beans, carrots, onion, celery stewed in vegetable stock, add flour or cornflour to thicken) mash potato or sweet potato and transfer everything to oven dish and bake for twenty mins until the sauce is bubbling over the potato.
    bean / veggie stew with paprika
    cous cous and morrocan veggies
    stir frys
    Its hard to give a comprehensive list because I am not sure what type of food you like and whether or not you enjoy meat substitues. There are so many receipies online, have a wee google and try one new recipe a week. You will soon have lots of choice!
  • HeliumIsNoble
    HeliumIsNoble Posts: 1,213 Member
    Options
    Are you just looking for low cal stuff, or low-cal, high protein stuff? Vegan Quorn breaded fillets are low calorie. Unfortunately, not all Quorn products are vegan, the vegan Quorn stuff always has Vegan emblazoned across the front, like so: 20151110-vegan-chicken-pieces-quorn-meat-free-1-packs.jpg

I'm frying tofu, beans and vegetables together a lot at the moment, which is very low calorie.

• Aclaire88
    Aclaire88 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I eat a low calorie Vegan diet. As much as i LOVE the meat substitutes on the market, they are processed (including TVP mince) and not often low calorie. Good thing is that they are often protein rich. I'll have one meal with processed/packaged food a fortnight as a treat.

I try to only eat higher calorie foods that are protein rich and unprocessed, eat the amount I need (including adding straight pea protein to smoothies in the morning) then only eat low calorie Veg and some fruit. Don't add high cal dressings, limit starches, nuts & oils in all their forms. Common high cal culprits for me: potato, rice, avo, oil, nuts, PB, I still eat them but limit amount.

For example. Pick your proteins for the day-1 or 2 for each meal: beans (so many), tofu, edemame, quinoa, lentils, chickpeas, oats (steel cut), chia, rice, potato, nuts. Only have what you need to have (check Protein per gram /100gram), then bulk out your meals with low calorie veg and some nutrient rich fruit. Add flavour with fruits, hot sauces, vinegars, herb salts, herbs and spices.

You can make awesome leafy green and lentil/bean/pea soups.

I love Creamy Silverbeet & lentil soup w onion nutritional yeast, soy milk, tumeric, nutmeg, garlic, salt

Amazing 'buddah bowls' or Zoodle (Zucchini) bowls with 1 -2 protein (sweet potato, rice, tofu) + every salad veg you can think of (I love roast pumkin and rocket or spinach, tomato, lil avo, cabbage, green beans, broccoli, sprouts, grated carrot) + Tabasco Chipotle or hotsauce, Sesame seeds (look up Vegan Poke Bowls). I Also add kimchi or saurkraut/pickled cabbage)

I also love sautéed asian mushrooms or mushroom soup w seaweed - shitake, enoki, oyster - add greens (bok choy, snow peas, green beans, Shallots) miso, garlic, ginger, chili, fresh herbs.

I also love quinoa and black or kidney bean chili made from scratch w assorted veg including pumpkin and mushroom.

Mediterranean plate w tabouli, grilled okra, carrot, tomato, Cucumber, hommus, and a lil flat bread.

I could go on forever... Dahl & salad, veg rice paper rolls, raw cauliflower rice sushi , tofu scramble w salad.

I like to eat fresh fruit as snacks to appreciate it or add to smoothies or on top of oats.
  • Aclaire88
    Options
    Bunch of photos of my fav food to cook. @shnookster23 if you would like the recipe or ratio of any of the above, please let me know. It might be food I love to eat but not your cup of tea.
  • Aclaire88
    Options
    @laurakay8052 If the pics load I added them after
    Aclaire88 wrote: »
    I eat a low calorie Vegan diet. As much as i LOVE the meat substitutes on the market, they are processed (including TVP mince) and not often low calorie. Good thing is that they are often protein rich. I'll have one meal with processed/packaged food a fortnight as a treat.

I try to only eat higher calorie foods that are protein rich and unprocessed, eat the amount I need (including adding straight pea protein to smoothies in the morning) then only eat low calorie Veg and some fruit. Don't add high cal dressings, limit starches, nuts & oils in all their forms. Common high cal culprits for me: potato, rice, avo, oil, nuts, PB, I still eat them but limit amount.

For example. Pick your proteins for the day-1 or 2 for each meal: beans (so many), tofu, edemame, quinoa, lentils, chickpeas, oats (steel cut), chia, rice, potato, nuts. Only have what you need to have (check Protein per gram /100gram), then bulk out your meals with low calorie veg and some nutrient rich fruit. Add flavour with fruits, hot sauces, vinegars, herb salts, herbs and spices.

You can make awesome leafy green and lentil/bean/pea soups.

I love Creamy Silverbeet & lentil soup w onion nutritional yeast, soy milk, tumeric, nutmeg, garlic, salt

Amazing 'buddah bowls' or Zoodle (Zucchini) bowls with 1 -2 protein (sweet potato, rice, tofu) + every salad veg you can think of (I love roast pumkin and rocket or spinach, tomato, lil avo, cabbage, green beans, broccoli, sprouts, grated carrot) + Tabasco Chipotle or hotsauce, Sesame seeds (look up Vegan Poke Bowls). I Also add kimchi or saurkraut/pickled cabbage)

I also love sautéed asian mushrooms or mushroom soup w seaweed - shitake, enoki, oyster - add greens (bok choy, snow peas, green beans, Shallots) miso, garlic, ginger, chili, fresh herbs.

I also love quinoa and black or kidney bean chili made from scratch w assorted veg including pumpkin and mushroom.

Mediterranean plate w tabouli, grilled okra, carrot, tomato, Cucumber, hommus, and a lil flat bread.

I could go on forever... Dahl & salad, veg rice paper rolls, raw cauliflower rice sushi , tofu scramble w salad.

I like to eat fresh fruit as snacks to appreciate it or add to smoothies or on top of oats.

@laurakay8052 as above. If the pics load I added them after, because who wants a recipe without seeing what it looks like :wink:
  • KettleTO
    KettleTO Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I'd like the recipe for the squash/quinoa/kidney bean stew half way down. thanks
  • RedheadedPrincess14
    RedheadedPrincess14 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Do you want some soup recipes?