How many of you guys still drink while dieting?

Options
It's so hard because wine has so many calories :neutral:

Replies

• tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I'll have a beer or two here and there; I build it into my calorie allowance.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I do occasionally, and have lost 80 lbs. I love wine and would never give it up completely unless I had health issues.
  • lose50tobehappy
    lose50tobehappy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I usually only drink when I go out. I tend to have wine or sometimes I order light beer or vodka and cranberry. I tend to normally go the gym before I go out and burn alot of calories. You can have a drink and just have fun. You can always go the gym the next day and work out.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Me! I measure out 4 oz. of wine several nights per week.
  • MrsPinterest34
    MrsPinterest34 Posts: 342 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I'm a casual drinker about once or twice every 2 weeks. I enjoy my 5 oz red or white wine with dinner. Some weeks I make an acoholic drink with either 1oz of pinneaple ciroc or Jamaican white rum. It fits in my calories and I also don't exceed the recommended alcohol consumption for women under 65. Win-win
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    miinanov wrote: »
    It's so hard because wine has so many calories :neutral:

How much wine are you drinking? And how often? Mine was 69 calories last Sunday.

I usually only drink alcoholic drinks once per week, and have skipped many weeks since I've been on MFP, but I don't find the calorie count to be so high really.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i make sacrifices elsewhere when i know im going to drink. i will sacrifice nutrients for booze. LOLOLOL
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Me!
    I enjoy a glass of wine or a G&T (and a cold beer in the summer in the garden, or a nice glass or two of bubbles when the sun is shining, or a fru-fru cocktail on a cruise ship) and would have found losing weight and not being able to have one or the other a couple of times a week over restrictive.

Get your nutrition in first and save a few calories for a drink if you enjoy it.

Cheers, h.
  • cwagar123
    cwagar123 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I have a few drinks every other weekend when visiting my friend out of town. I usually fit it into my calories or I just take a break and eat maitnence calories for weekend
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Why ever would I stop?
  • chrislee1628
    chrislee1628 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    a good way to make up the calories ;)
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I have seriously cut back. I used to fit many alcoholic beverages into my calorie limits months before, but my weight loss was so slow. Now that I've cut back a lot, my weight loss has increased.
  • U2R2
    U2R2 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Have lost 90lbs in six months while drinking ~16 beers each Saturday. Wouldn't walk a mile for a Camel but do walk 100 for a case of Bud Light. :D
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    I really only drink 1 day, saturdays, and have anywhere from 1-4 drinks. Hasn't hindered me at all.
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    The older I get the harder is for me to deal with alcohol to the point that I don't enjoy wine or champagne as much as I used to. :'(
    I am in maintenance so a glass of wine here and there doesn't affect my weight at all, but it does affect my stomach a lot so booze is not something that I drink very often. Maybe a couple of times a month or for very special occasions (usually follow by a Zantac).