Recommend me a good protein bar type snack

Options

Replies

• CatLou76
    CatLou76 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I like the Combat Crunch bars. They're one of the only ones that don't make me feel like I have a rock in my gut. They make a freakin' mess though...super crumbly. I ate one at my desk a few weeks ago and it was everywhere.
  • 3rdof7sisters
    3rdof7sisters Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I love the white chocolate raspberry Quest bars. Wal Mart carries a few flavors of Quest bars now, and they are a bit cheaper there.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    If mostly just for snacking/filling purposes, I would say maybe have half a bar plus some fruit to help.. Or almonds + fruit (weighed, of course).
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Can't stand the flavour and texture of quest bars or the Costco rip-off version.

I do like Smart for Life bars from Costco $1.55 Can a bar (box of 18) 20g protein, 190cals, gf (I think). The closest description I can give is that they are like a rice crispy bar covered in chocolate

Builders mint bars are good too.

Cheers, h.
  • VeganSarah0323
    VeganSarah0323 Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I do the no cow protein bars by D's Naturals. Their vegan and have the best macros. I know it's locally made in my town, but I'm sure most GNCs have them! When I wasn't vegan, I did the quest bars. Hope that helps:)
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    Options
    Pure Protein bars (lots of different flavors) is my favorite. It's available at Costco and Target and many other locations. Cheaper and better tasting IMO than Quest with a good macro balance.
  • Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I stock up on Premier Protein bars and shakes from Costco, both have 30g of protein. The bars are 290 calories and the shakes are 160 calories.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    RX bars (210 cal, 12g protein all from nuts and egg whites) - I highly recommend the Chocolate Mint and the Dark Chocolate Sea Salt
  • shor0814
    shor0814 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    The new(ish) Quest cereal bars are completely different from the regular Quest bars. The waffle bar tastes like a waffle soaked in butter and syrup. Cinnamon roll is good as well, almost like a Cinnabon but not quite that sweet. The chocolate bar is an Oreo cookie type taste.

Venture bars are another beast entirely. They have a stiffer texture and kind of chewy. They make you feel like you just ate something substantial but don't sit in your gut feeling heavy.

• Wolfger
    Wolfger Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I love the Kirkland Signature protein bars from Costco.
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I love Kind bars. The peanut butter dark chocolate is my favorite, but I don't think I've had a flavour that I don't like. I fond them to be much more satisfying and less cakey than most other bars. At around 200 calories each, they make a great snack when I'm on the run or have forgotten to pack my snack.
  • LovesDogsAndBooks
    LovesDogsAndBooks Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have just discovered Sahale bars (not sure they qualify as protein bars) but I just love the tangerine cashew ones!
  • mcraw75
    mcraw75 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Theo166 wrote: »
    I stock up on Premier Protein bars and shakes from Costco, both have 30g of protein. The bars are 290 calories and the shakes are 160 calories.

This. The Premier Protein fiber bars are good too.
  • officials
    officials Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I love questies! Especially microwaved or baked.
  • omakase619
    omakase619 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I appreciate all the suggestions. Going to Costco tomorrow to see what they have.
  • wwworks
    wwworks Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like Orgain chocolate chip cookie dough organic protein bars.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I don't like any of them! I'd rather make protein muffins or protein bread. The protein chef website (https://theproteinchef.co/) has lots of recipes, including something as simple as microwave protein cookies. I'd even rather have one of those than a Quest bar.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I found these protein cake bites that I like - https://www.optimumnutrition.com/en_US/products/cake-bites
  • madisonamanda
    madisonamanda Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Power Crunch bars are everything. I can't get enough.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    I can't find anything better than quest bars.