Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Can you mix alcohol with a protein shake?

I've gotta go to my girlfriend's gfs son's 4th birthday and they got a bounce house. So I open my fridge to get my shake ingredients before we leave here in an hour and I see that I have a couple brews lookin at me. I wanna drink em so can i just put protein in a shaker and dump a beer with it?

Replies

• markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    You could. I would consider it alcohol abuse. What flavor protein? How about a nice chocolate with peppermint schnapps? That's acceptable.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Hmm now I like a drink but not sure I would at a 4 year olds party let alone mixing it with a shake.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited March 2017
    +1 awesome, not for the idea, but because I feel like so much about you is awesome.

ETA this just made me think about putting caramel vodka into my vanilla protein shake
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    You can do anything you want to do, but I can't see that tasting good. At a kids' party, I would just not drink, but that's just me.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,871 Member
    I've been to plenty of kids parties and understand the desire to be a bit tipsy. Not that I've ever done it. 4 yr olds + sugar + bounce house = a LOT of shrieking. The thought of mixing alcohol with protein though... :grimace:
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    Idk We always seem to have drinks at kids' parties. It's not a "drinking party" but I don't see a problem with a couple of beers. Obviously etiquette needs to be followed.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Idk We always seem to have drinks at kids' parties. It's not a "drinking party" but I don't see a problem with a couple of beers. Obviously etiquette needs to be followed.

So no puking in the bounce house?
  • PaulaWallaDingDong

So no puking in the bounce house?

That definitely goes against kids' party etiquette...when drunk adults do it.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    I wouldn't do beer and protein, but there are definitely combos I would do :)
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,082 Member
    Beer and protein doesn't sound all that appealing, but I've been known to put a shot of Bailey's in my evening chocolate protein drink every so often. :) Frankly, I was surprised there was no issues with mixing the protein with alcohol. I like the idea of peppermint schnapps with a chocolate protein drink too...makes a nice iced peppermint patty (typically a hot drink with hot cocoa and peppermint schnapps).

And a kids party with a bounce house sounds like it needs some alcohol to ease the pain...*shudder*
  • Motherofship
    Motherofship Posts: 122 Member
    Agree that certain liqueurs could be a really good complement, but beer?! Shudders.
  • Motherofship
    Motherofship Posts: 122 Member
    Btw, your username... :D
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    errigrg wrote: »
    Btw, your username... :D

You know what they say.... :wink:
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Drinking to dull the awfulness of a kids birthday party.... Awesome.
    Ruining beer with protein powder... Awful.
    Username... Hilarious.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    ... maybe the alcohol will dissolve the powder better than water or milk, lol
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    well yeah HELL YEAH! PARTY ON!
  • mystic_elegance
    mystic_elegance Posts: 258 Member
    Sounds gross but I wouldn't shake it in a shaker- beer is carbonated it will explode and you would end up with a flat beer mixed with protein... why not just down the protein first, how long could it take= 1 minute? Good luck