Can you mix alcohol with a protein shake?

Options
I've gotta go to my girlfriend's gfs son's 4th birthday and they got a bounce house. So I open my fridge to get my shake ingredients before we leave here in an hour and I see that I have a couple brews lookin at me. I wanna drink em so can i just put protein in a shaker and dump a beer with it?

Replies

• markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    You could. I would consider it alcohol abuse. What flavor protein? How about a nice chocolate with peppermint schnapps? That's acceptable.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Hmm now I like a drink but not sure I would at a 4 year olds party let alone mixing it with a shake.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    +1 awesome, not for the idea, but because I feel like so much about you is awesome.

ETA this just made me think about putting caramel vodka into my vanilla protein shake
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    You can do anything you want to do, but I can't see that tasting good. At a kids' party, I would just not drink, but that's just me.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I've been to plenty of kids parties and understand the desire to be a bit tipsy. Not that I've ever done it. 4 yr olds + sugar + bounce house = a LOT of shrieking. The thought of mixing alcohol with protein though... :grimace:
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    Options
    Idk We always seem to have drinks at kids' parties. It's not a "drinking party" but I don't see a problem with a couple of beers. Obviously etiquette needs to be followed.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Idk We always seem to have drinks at kids' parties. It's not a "drinking party" but I don't see a problem with a couple of beers. Obviously etiquette needs to be followed.

So no puking in the bounce house?
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    Options

So no puking in the bounce house?

That definitely goes against kids' party etiquette...when drunk adults do it.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do beer and protein, but there are definitely combos I would do :)
  • b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,106 Member
    Options
    Beer and protein doesn't sound all that appealing, but I've been known to put a shot of Bailey's in my evening chocolate protein drink every so often. :) Frankly, I was surprised there was no issues with mixing the protein with alcohol. I like the idea of peppermint schnapps with a chocolate protein drink too...makes a nice iced peppermint patty (typically a hot drink with hot cocoa and peppermint schnapps).

And a kids party with a bounce house sounds like it needs some alcohol to ease the pain...*shudder*
  • Motherofship
    Motherofship Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Agree that certain liqueurs could be a really good complement, but beer?! Shudders.
  • Motherofship
    Motherofship Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Btw, your username... :D
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    errigrg wrote: »
    Btw, your username... :D

You know what they say.... :wink:
  • deluxmary2000
    deluxmary2000 Posts: 981 Member
    Options
    Drinking to dull the awfulness of a kids birthday party.... Awesome.
    Ruining beer with protein powder... Awful.
    Username... Hilarious.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    ... maybe the alcohol will dissolve the powder better than water or milk, lol
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    well yeah HELL YEAH! PARTY ON!
  • mystic_elegance
    mystic_elegance Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Sounds gross but I wouldn't shake it in a shaker- beer is carbonated it will explode and you would end up with a flat beer mixed with protein... why not just down the protein first, how long could it take= 1 minute? Good luck