Lost motivation

6 months ago I was doing really well with keeping weight off, doing regular exercise and eating well. But a lot has changed, I'm back living with my parents and spend my evenings and weekends in my bedroom. This is having a detrimental effect on my body and mind - sitting on my bed all the time is making my body ache, I'm starting to feel down and this in turn is making me tired, and any motivation has all but left me and I'm constantly reaching at every opportunity for comfort food like cake and chocolate. Hence I've put on 1 stone.
So I think now spring is here and the sun is out, it's time to get my mojo back. So this morning at 6am I went for a 3.6km run. I already feel a bit brighter. I'm also going to do something about my living situation as although it's very good of my parents to allow me to live back at home it's really not doing me or my health any good.
Watch this space ...

Replies

• BEACHGIRL0622
    BEACHGIRL0622 Posts: 6 Member
    Getting up at 6am and running for 3 miles is pretty darn inspiring! You'll have your "mojo" back in no time. When you feel like reaching for cake and chocolate just get up and out and go run. Great for your body and spirit.
  • Lizzypb88
    Lizzypb88 Posts: 367 Member
    Great job getting out and running! I know exactly what you mean, and I think the hardest part is getting back up and starting again, and you've done that! Wish you luck!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    It seems you are finding your motivation in the same place mine lives - under the bed with my sneakers. Life happens don't let it get you down .
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Glad that mojo is returning. I think quite a few people are just tired of the cold and dark by this time of year and their mojo has taken off to the Caribbean without them. Mine had.

If you are feeling a bit trapped in your room, and can't get out for a run, give this little routine a run through. It uses little space and can be done with household items instead of weights.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=U0bhE67HuDY

Cheers, h.
  • Ant488
    Ant488 Posts: 372 Member
    Feel free to add me.
  • p0071276
    p0071276 Posts: 6 Member
    I agree. I can't even do a 3 km run when my life's going well let alone feeling a bit in a funk!
    Congratulations! That's some achievement!!
  • You can do this <3 It sounds like you have already begun!
  • Leenizi129
    Leenizi129 Posts: 133 Member
    Life happens, don't be too hard on yourself. Baby steps, but remember those with no go...... go nowhere according to my 100 year old nana. I am glad you got moving be proud!