My Birthday

I'm going to my Brother's to eat. What would you order from a seafood restraunt. It's a tough choice. Help needed ?

Replies

• wellthenwhat
    wellthenwhat Posts: 526 Member
    Ive never really had seafood, so I'm no help, lol. I'd order whatever I wanted, eat half and save half for later or something
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,447 Member
    Seafood is super healthy it is the sauces and sides that will get you.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    edited March 2017
    I look at the menu and go from there. It's your birthday you could splurge. If you don't want to, look for something not fried, probably grilled, without a lot of sauces.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,562 Member
    I'd just enjoy myself and not worry about the calories (I always take a diet break the week of my birthday).
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    edited March 2017
    Prawns, prawns, and more prawns with garlic dipping butter, followed by (damn auto correct) mussels in a Pernod or white wine sauce, a salad for nibbles, and pavlova for desert.
    A bottle of a nice white, can't decide what, to complement everything.

Mmm, shame I have to wait until august.

Cheers, h.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Happy birthday :)

Eat all the lovely food. Enjoy it.

Get back to tracking the next day.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Food.
    Food from the menu.
    Food from the menu that you like.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Happy birthday
    Enjoy whatever you like for the day start again on monday
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Shrimp (with no batter or coating) are pretty low in calories but can be quite high in sodium. My preference in a seafood restaurant is salmon, with any sauce on the side. Sometimes its maple glazed and then I add the calories for about 1 tbsp of maple syrup. Tilapia is a low cal fish, but I find its so bland. Crab and lobster, without the butter are good, and quite rich tasting, so you may just naturally eat less of them. Of course, the butter or sauces that can come with them will have to be ordered on the side.

Theres good nutrition in a baked potato, even with a dollop of sour cream (with that, I would skip the butter). Steamed or grilled veg is a good option too, and maybe if its not really great stuff to die for, skip the bread basket offerings.

Remember to leave room for cake!! Have a wonderful day!!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    On my birthday? Any damn thing I want. Fat doesn't accumulate on your birthday, it's physics.

This!!!!! :laugh:
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    Can't help you here JamieCroyle. On my birthday, I drink. ;)
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 777 Member
    Shrimp. Crabs. Scallops. Lobster. Oysters. Broiled fish. Mussels. Crab cakes. All the seafood. Yum!
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    This is an easy one compared to the other chicks Chinese buffet Birthday.

......Steamed spiced shrimp, broiled scallops, grilled salmon, raw oysters, blackened grouper, steamed lobster, the options are endless. Stay away from fried anything and add lots of veggies on the side. Cole Slaw is not a vegetable.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    @nowine4me you had me drooling. Fortunately I made local caught fresh salmon poached in ginger, lime and white wine tonight.

Cheers, h.